How to click with VR headset

Hello!

I have tried two different headsets and phones (Android/iPhone), but can’t get the student project to be “clickable” while in a headset. With one headset, we tried to connect a bluetooth remote, but weren’t able to get it to work. Other bluetooth remotes seem to be poorly rated, so I’m not eager to purchase another one. I went out and bought a headset with a magnetic button on the side, but this button would only work with Google Cardboard apps.

Do you have a headset you recommend for interacting with VR projects?

Thanks for any insights!

Hi Bethany,

what kind of mobile VR viewer are you using? Many mobile VR viewers come with a button you can press (e.g. the ViewMaster.

“Clicking” in VR on mobile just means tapping the screen with your finger or a “simulated finger” from the VR viewer, which is often a piece of rubber that’s pressed on the screen.

Clicking via bluetooth should be possible as long as the bluetooth controller can simulate a mouse click.

Same issue with some.VR boxes we bought for school. We found 2 solutions. You can use foil or conductive tape to create a button that mimics a touch.

Or drill a hole in the bottom (what we did)

Some kids even bought cheap touch pens and built them into the device.

2 Likes

Check these VR headset options to see if any meet your needs. Personally speaking, I think the BlitzWolf Goggles should top the list of most users.

Is there some way to “walk” and click? I would like to walk inside my museum and click on buttons to activate videos. What is the most affordable solution?

1 Like

I use a cheap gaming button like thís one https://www.amazon.in/MStick-Mobile-Trigger-Shooter-Controller/dp/B07HH7HY15

You can autoclick by using this autoclicker for android.

Thanks Bro I used this autoclicker on my Headset and it worked.