3D Model upload troubleshooting collection

Hi @Outpost_31,

Can you please tell us more about how this model was created? We notice that the model is missing UVs which are required to display textures on the mesh.

1 Like

It was scanned and sent to us to place into a scene. I reduced the mesh in Fusion 360 to get the size down but as you can see the textures do not apply. Here is the link to the zip sent to us. https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kLey_Gf8baAfgHVWRbWuTVZhvEx4O7Jn it also has a ply file in there with another jpg. thnx for any help!

1 Like

When I create simple solids in 3D builder, the colors never are transferred correctly.
Here color is completely lost for some objects and changes for the sphere.
There is no error message in the export log.

testkörper2 testkörper.mtl (170 Bytes) testkörper.obj (745.3 KB)

1 Like

And yellow changes to red.sandwich 1 sandwich 2
The other parts of the sandwich were created in Paint 3D, but assembled and saved in 3D Builder as well.

1 Like

Thanks for sending examples. There was a bug with reading material from a file with umlaut in the title.
The bug is fixed and will be deployed in one of the next releases, as a workaround you can rename it now.

Could you also please attach sandwich model files so we can take a look at them?

1 Like

150Mb single object, tooooooo large
Besides that it has some issues, object smoothing is not defined,
resulting with visual “sparks of reflections” artifacts. geometry holes, e,t,c.

The model requires processing in some modern 3d software like Max or Blender before Co-Spacing,
have correct smoothing defined, and simplified when possible.
Then it might be around 200-300k (now it has 4.3 millions of vertices) that might be reasonable.

Here it is (original): CoSpaces Edu :: CoSpace

2 Likes

Thanks for that, when you say smoothing defined, this is a setting in Blender that you activate when you bring the model in?

When i say smoothing is not defined it means that each triangle is individual, like dedicated object from each others. You dont have any surface normals build. You can no smooth them together to form smooth surfaces, which u cab see on other objects.

Thank You for your patience - I didn#t have time to continue on this project until now.
Here is a picture of the cheese sandwich taken in 3D Builder. I export from .fbx to .obj in this software and it ususally works fine uploading it to cospaces.cheesesandwich

cheesesandwich.mtl (147 Bytes) cheesesandwich.obj (2.5 MB) cheesesandwich result

Hello, I can’t seem to upload any files with OBJ and MTL files. They all appear white.

I tried dragging and dropping along with upload.

Here is a zip of one file I have tried.

Any ideas?

house 3.zip (36.5 KB)

Thanks,

Wayne

For some reason in your files material file is named incorrectly. I renamed it so it matches the name from obj file and it works.
house 3.zip (30.8 KB)

I just downloaded your zip and it did not work for us. It still shows up grey/white. I renamed both files house and still have the same issue.

We tried drag and dropping both files, drag and dropping zip file, and uploading both files/ uploading zip file.

:-/

1 Like

Here is the house we are using the most. I checked the file names and they seem to be correct. Still white :-/

50-fantasyhouse1 2.zip (1.0 MB)

1 Like

The first house’s material is grey. The fantasy house archive contains non-standard material file. The material file should be in ASCII format.

Please, check the source of your files.

1 Like

No, this files are not correct. The .mtl is not correct.
You can read about what MTL should be here:

1 Like

I am working on an AR project for WWII and I am having trouble getting this model in as either - ZIP FBX https://drive.google.com/file/d/12rVuVXXGYEngyxQgTWR6QkhAjjXv5OIM/view?usp=sharing
I load the model, but it seems to just bring the object in, no color and no texture. I tried extracting and uploading without the unsupported metallic file, but still not working. I paid for this from Sketchfab: https://skfb.ly/TEYo, so please do not download for personal use. Somewhat pressing issue as I am trying to get this scene finished by Monday deadline.

1 Like

I just gave access, sorry about that.

1 Like

Hey @Kevin_White ,
I looked into the file and I think the textures where not properly linked to the model, that’s why it did not work. I assigned the texture and uploaded the model, you can remix it from this CoSpace:

I hope it helps, let me know if it does not work!
1 Like

Hi There,

I try to upload a OBJ+ MTL file made in Doodle3D (https://transform.doodle3d.com/)

The material colour are not visible after importing the model. I opened the model in Sketchfab here the colours are visible so it looks like the export is correct.

Maybe you guys can figure out what is going wrong :slight_smile: I added my test model and log and test Test_Doodle3DQR space in the attachment

Leg_art.zip (1.8 MB)

1 Like

Thank you for posting this models. We found and fixed a bug with the materials. Your sample will work correctly with the next release