Accessing specific path points

Hi, I’m trying to get my students to use paths as different moving parts of their scenes but they want to e able to select specific path points for example adding collision code without having to add an invisible square.
Thanks.

Hi @Biggie_Smogs,

A deep access for all path points is only possible via TypeScript at this time. However, there are ways to use the position of a path point in combination with parent-child behavior.

For example, your students could parent a cube to the path point. Now, whenever the path point is moving, the cube moves along with it. Here’s how:

I think what Biggie wants is for the node points in paths to be codeable items. That way you could trigger other items to do certain actions when they reached them. Or start them from different points on the path.

The idea of the invisible blocks is a great one though! Would work just as well at the moment.

I’ve been trying to make this work by having the object moving along my path collide (pass through) a cube at that point on the path (I’ve tried the cube both attached and detached from the point–makes no difference for me), but the collision never seems to trigger.
It would be really great if there was a way to trigger an event when a certain point(s) in the path is reached.

Ah, never mind. Running the collision detection in parallel with the path run got it working! I guess the code was waiting for the path run to finish before running the collision code. oops, lol