Add separate animations for each set of door(s) on the Train and Bus

I’m creating a working public transportation system and I have the Train item to use in a working metro.

There is one problem though: the only animations of the train are “Doors Closed” and “Doors Open”, which means that the doors are open either on both sides or neither.

At my elevated stations though, the platform is on the left. If the door opens on the right as well, you would be stepping off the train into thin air and fall all the way down to the street. There is no fall damage in CoSpaces, but that’s kind of an awkward way to exit a metro.

I think it would be great for the train to have these animations instead:

• Doors closed
  • Left doors open
  • Right doors open
  • All open
  • Wheels turning

And the Bus to have these animations:

• Doors closed
  • Front door open
  • Back door open
  • All open
  • Wheels turning

We already have animations for the Truck and Car that aren’t just “all or nothing” open. But guess what? Private transport isn’t the only way to get around, and trains would be pretty dangerous if they opened on both sides no matter what. Additional control over the doors on public transport vehicle items is a gap in the middle that needs to be filled in.

1 Like

It´s a good idea, and I´m sure Cospaces will develope it.
In order to solve your problem, I suggest you to print a pice of screen of the closed doors, load as a picture and make it appear with CoBlocks when you like to do it.

I hope this would help you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm, not a bad idea actually, though that might appear a little weird.

Waiting for the date when trains can open on one side only…

I switched my metro system to an underground metro though. For now I’m going to implement the Spanish solution on every platform, because it’s cool, and I guess it’ll work. Fingers crossed.