Anyone have experience building loop de loop

Had an idea to try out building loop de loop and eventually attach a camera onto the sphere to experience the rolling around loop de loop. I have experimented with different slopes/ angle of attack for the curvature of loop de loop, but so far no luck.

Wanted to tap to the community here if anyone have similar experience previously. The link to the current build is: CoSpaces Edu :: Loop de loop

Do you specifically want to do this for the physics function?
If not you can create a path for the sphere to follow, then attach the camera to the sphere and it will follow the path around the loop.
If yes, it is much more complicated because when you enable physics mode you need to account for the physics forces of each individual piece in the space. Otherwise they will all fall to the ground.

I’m actually building it to demo conservation of energy/ momentum, so it will be awesome if I can demo the difference in ball behaviour with varying initial speed.

At the moment, I have attached individual plank on top of the previous one to create an arch, instead of locking it in space.

I got it this far and just running into issues on how to complete the last part of loop de loop and to miss the initial upwards curved track. Any ideas from the community will be appreciated.

So far, I managed to pull this off by only using Physics, not motion path.

When you are building the loop start with your two bottom pieces passing next to one another. Then build the loop on a small angle to make the ball pass next to the loop. I haven’t tried it yet with the ball, but rather than building the loop and hoping you will end in the right place, build the end in the correct place and then make the middle.
You may need to line the loop with border rails to ensure the ball doesn’t fall (though if it is lined up right it should be ok.)

I made an example but the angles of incline are off on the loop, so the ball does not go all the way around. I will try to work on it more to show you, but there is a lot of smaller pieces to the arc, and each one curves slightly away from the center leaving a path for the ball to run right next to the original path.