Attaching character to a chair with coblocks

I’m struggling to use use coblocks to attach a character to a chair. I’ve tried every combination of slots and here is what happens:

• Character Bottom/ Chair Top - Character appears to be sitting on the top of the chair back with feet on the chair’s seat.
  • Character Bottom/ Chair Top1 - Character appears to be floating above the chair with feet on the chair back
  • Character Bottom/ Chair Bottom - Character turns upside down (half of the body in the floor), with feet under the chair
  • Character Top/ Chair Top - Character turns upside down and appears to have shoulders resting on top of the chair’s back
  • Character Top/ Chair Top1 - Character turns upside down and appears to float above the chair.
  • Character Top/ Chair Bottom - Character is buried in the floor with the head floating under the chair
  • Character Back/ Chair Top - Character rotates supine and appears to have back resting on top of the chair’s seat
  • Character Back/ Chair Top1 - Character rotates supine and appears to have back resting on top of the chair’s back
  • Character Back/ Chair Bottom - Character rotates prone (buried in the floor) and appears to have back under the chair seat

The I’ve tried all of the other combinations, and they’re all variations on this theme. There is no combination that ends up with the character sitting in the chair properly. But, if I don’t attach and just change the animation, the character appears to sit through the chair - meaning the seat appears to cut the torso in half. Please help!

Wow! This topic has been out here for quite a while! I’m coming to ask the same question - sorry I’m of no help but maybe someone will jump in? I’ve made a small space to demonstrate - every time I have someone sit on a chair they sit “in” it, not on it. Adding 2 move blocks is a workaround but I’m wondering if there is something else that I’m missing. Thanks! Here is the remixable space
https://cospac.es/vUyx

Hi @MBridges,

the code works as expected: it attaches the sit slot of the boy to top slot of the chair at the beginning of the animation - when the guy is standing. And to play sitting animation properly we need to attach to the chair on the position of the slot on the last frame.
It is a rare situation and there is no CoBlock for that. The workaround solution is to add two move blocks, exactly as you did in your sample!

I hope that explains and helps

1 Like