Camera Position Problems

Hi all,

I’m new to the group and hoping someone can help me. I have been working on Parkour Games with my students. I am able to help most of them with their starting camera position. I have them position it over a platform, and have them face it forward and down slightly. I have collision on, main camera, walk. For some it works.

For others, the camera seems to slip off the platform backwards. I figured out that if it wasn’t over something it falls, or if the objects are too high on the z-axis the camera falls, but once I have checked those, I still have slipping cameras.

Any tips for the best way to teach students how to get their camera to a good first person starting position ?

Video example:

Thanks!

Hi @missgreer,

As per my FB post, the default “Walk” camera movement has Physics enabled so that it will fall and move “naturally” in the parkour game.

When an Item with Physics enabled starts off partially clashing/colliding with another item, the Item with Physics will be propelled away from the other item.

This can lead to some unusual behaviours with the camera, as the camera, by default, will maintain a certain height above the ground. If you then tilt the camera, the front of it will be colliding with the platform below.

My suggestion is to either a) not tilt the camera, or b) raise the camera up so it may fall a little (but it’s not the end of the world).

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Geoff @ TechLeap