Change color clothes in code

Hey, I’m trying to customize the main menu of a coSpace to make it customizable (boy/girl, hair/shirt/pants colors) but when I change the color with the api call “item.color” only the color of the shirt is changed and the rest remains the same. Is it possible to make a complete customization by code or is it only possible statically from the menu? Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi
You can change pants, skin etc on the first line
colors

best regards :wink:

Yes, I know that, I meant that if you can make the change from code, so that for example the user who uses the cospaces can customize it, not from that menu. Is it possible? Thank you.

No, that’s not currently possible via CoBlocks or Typescript.

I too would like to edit the color of different materials, as I am also trying to create a customization application for students to use to represent themselves digitally in a real world space. One of the most important features for this, skin color, is not editable through code. A solution is technically possible by creating duplicate characters of every single skin color with every single hair color and every single eye color and every single pant color, but as I’m sure you can imagine this would cause significant bloat in the project, all to get around the fact that I can’t directly set the material through code.