Creaking smoke, fire and falling embers - Particle Effects

Hi CoSpaces Forum,

I discovered the incredible fire animation on this CoSpaces by TechLeap NZ (Particle Effects)

Does anyone know how to make this? I am working with some Year 6 students who would like to add this into their CoSpaces and adapt it by adding falling embers for our unit of Bushfires.

@techleapnz Are you able to help out with this at all?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,

Jason

Hi @Jason_Milner,

You can remix the following CoSpace to see how to create the code for creating Particle Effects which use built-in objects and the Copy function, and can be tweaked to produce a variety of effects (e.g. Taco Pizza Fountains):

Particle effects such as in “Eli & The Rocket” are currently one-offs made by the CoSpaces Edu team.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this. If this solves your problem, please mark this post as the Solution.

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Hi @techleapnz ,

Thank you so much for your quick reply. The Fountain coding looks fantastic. I will share this with my students tomorrow!

Other than duplicating a scene, is there a way to add the Particle Effect (fire) to each of the students work or different scenes within the same CoSpace? When I created their template I did remix your Particle CoSpaces however was unable to copy and paste it into different scenes.

Thank you so much for your help.

Kind regards,

Jason

Unfortunately no - it seems like duplicating the Scene is the only way to achieve this.

Geoff

2 Likes

Wait, Where did you get the particle emitter object @techleapnz?

does Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V work ?

Unfortunately, no. Use the same cospace with the particle and build your environment around it.

The link is above this post. :point_up_2: :point_up_2: :point_up_2: