Feature request, able to creat/ design animation?

Hello im new in cospaces and cospaces forum, sorry if this is already a thing but i think it’s cool to design an animation for a certant object in the libary like a cospaces editor, where your able to shape stuff like for the casual boy you can stretch him out? where you can also design stuf and add it to your game. kind of like making models but giving it animation.

2 Likes

Hi @EricTheDragon,

While this would be a cool feature, animating a character is currently very complex, and best created in a different app, such as Blender.

Being able to import an animation and apply it to a character is a first step. You can try this with Mixamo and Playcanvas.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Thanks for the update! This is good to know. What is the best format to download from Mixamo so the character isn’t so small? Do you have any examples of animations you have successfully imported?

Hi @c3D,

Sorry, what I meant is that you can use Mixamo with Playcanvas, not CoSpaces Edu.

Geoff @ TechLeap

Thanks for the update. I was hoping it was true :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @techleapnz,

Something to keep an eye on if it develops a bit further for introducing basic animation.

3 Likes

@c3D but for monster mash when you try to upload to cospaces it says something like: couldn’t upload

Hi @EricTheDragon,

Unfortunately like @techleapnz says it is still very complex to animate. This Moster Mash looks promising for creating animations outside CoSpaces. I agree it would be great to import cistom animations into CoSpaces. Maybe one day :slight_smile:

I like Monster Mash - they’ve done a great job with simplifying what is normally a very difficult process. I think a digital pen would be needed to make a good monster - I tried with my mouse, but drawing with a mouse is difficult. I’ll need to try with touchscreen and see if I can get something better.

Geoff

1 Like