Gallery turn 'off'?

Hi all,
Is it possible to turn Gallery access ‘off’ for students.
It’s good for students to see games and stories created by others BUT most of these projects can be ‘remixed’, thus allowing students to use all the code.
Thanks,
kent

1 Like

Hi @Kent_Wenger,

There is no way to do this currently, unless you block that particular URL/URI using a school firewall.

I think remixing other projects is a great way for students to discover how a particular feature/function was created - it can drive intrinsic motivation to understand code or construct.

I understand that this can cause issues when you want to test students’ understanding of particular computer science concepts.

This could be an interesting feature request, or there could be other solutions, such as having a log of actions performed by students (such as remixes), or having built-in attribution when remixing a CoSpace.

What are your thoughts, and motivations for wanting this feature?

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Reviving this thread. I have exasperated faculty who want to ban the tool from their classrooms because of some of the content in the gallery. Please, please, please create an ability to filter or block during certain hours etc. I’d hate to lose student access to this environment!