How to collide character against objects

Hello! I’m 14 years old, I’m from Vietnam and I want to ask you
My project: CoSpaces Edu: Make AR & VR in the classroom.
I want my character when it collides with any object to bounce back and not let it pass.
please help me.
Thank you very much <3.

Hi @Hoang_Vo_Duy,

You’ve shared a private space link with us. Only you can open this link, so we can not take a look at this space.

Could you please create a share link of the space with us?

Here’s how to get the share link:

1 Like

Oh, I’m sorry I didn’t know you couldn’t watch.
Link here CoSpaces Edu :: COVID-19.
and I thank you for answering my question, thank you very much

Hi @Hoang_Vo_Duy,

Thanks for sharing! To make your character collide against other items you need to use physics and set them up so that the character with physics collides against other items with static physics. Here’s how:

1. For items that you want your character to collide against, enable physics and set them to static:

2. Update your character to use physics with these settings:

3. Use CoBlocks to push the character forward and backward, and restrict the character’s rotation to the “Z axis” (which means it can only rotate left and right, not up and down)

The final results could look like this:

Here’s a space that you can remix so you can copy it and to see how it’s made.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much for helping me, I think this will be a big step for me.

1 Like

Hello!, I have a problem to solve when moving forward, the character automatically turns right but I don’t turn right please help (it’s your project sent to me).

you can press the up button repeatedly to find the error when there is no obstacle

I want multiple things to send you back to the start, but only 2 of them work. Is there a collision limit or something like that

My Cospace:CoSpaces Edu: Make AR & VR in the classroom

Hi @Connor_Huston, you’ve share a link to your private CoSpace, not the published/unlisted one.

You can have multiple collisions but you either need to use the advanced collision block, or watch:

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Geoff @ TechLeap

That did work thank you very much

1 Like