How to start at a specific part of my code

So I am working on a coblocks right now, but whenever I add a new block or try something new, I want to check it out and see how it looks by hitting play. However, is there a way to start from a specific step because I don’t want to have to keep rewatching the entire coding set every time I need to review the new code I’ve added.

Hi @gen-gen,

You can disable CoBlocks by selecting the section of code, right-clicking (or click the 3-dot menu) and selecting “Disable code”. See the following video for a demo:

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this. If this solves your issue, please mark this post as the Solution.

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

2 Likes

Good point @gen-gen, @techleapnz I think this feature needs to be added to Cospaces Edu to the make coding more easier. for example “goto” some point in the code.

I disagree, @tajajtsidi. Commenting out code is a standard way in text-based coding to prevent certain code from running when testing an application, and disabling code in CoBlocks is the equivalent.

If you really want a “goto”, you can section your code into functions, and then run the functions you need. This is also common practice in text-based coding.

In CoSpaces, there may also be aspects of the application which rely on the position or existence of particular objects, so you should be careful not to accidentally create false negatives when disabling code.

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Read carefully this.