How to upload 3D models

You should be able to upload your own 3d models

It is. I create mine in TinkerCad and I upload them into CospacesEdu. Do you face problems with this issue?

2 Likes

Hi @Krust,

Please watch the video below to see how to upload 3D models. There are many other videos on the CoSpaces Edu YouTube channel which you may also find useful when you have an issue.

Regards,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Hi Geoff, thanks for the video. I needed it because in these days I wasn’t be able to upload any 3D model. I used the zip file but it said ’ You are not be able to upload this file. I tried out different platforms, Sketchfab, my favourite but in this moment you can only download Gtif files- is this a problem? I also tried to use Tinkercad and Poly. Even the Smithsonian Istitute… I will tried out you first two tips, a bit pity for the zip option.

Hi @astrid_hulsebosch,

A ZIP file is a container to put other files in and compress them - what’s inside the ZIP file is what’s important. If you have a ZIP file, you should extract the contents first, because there are so many variations in what could be inside the ZIP file.

CoSpaces Edu doesn’t currently support glTF or glb files, but you can convert these in Blender to OBJ+MTL files.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Geoff @ TechLeap

2 Likes

Thank You Geoff,your answer was very helpfull. Thanks to your video I was finally be able to upload 3D Modells. I will also tryout also the convert sistem with Blender. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

best 3d model download web site is landof3d

1 Like

Woow thank @Metnet_Tan

Hi there!

I tried uploading 3D models according to the video. It worked well with OBJ files, however, with FBX files I always get the 3D model without textures even though I upload it as ZIP. Here’s my ZIP file. Maybe you could tell me what I am doing wrong. Thanks much for your help!

phoenix.zip (1.2 MB)

Hello @Miss_Shanghai,
your Fbx file had some problems about materials applied to the mesh. Here you can download the correct file (remapping made with Blender):

Fly.zip (216.9 KB)

Hope this helps.
Bye Giuseppe

1 Like

Hello @Giuseppe_Schiuma,

it worked! Wow, thanks so much for your help! It’s very kind of you.
I had this problem with all FBX files downloaded from Sketchfab. Can the remapping with Blender be easily done for someone who has no idea about 3D models or does this need professional skills?

Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

Hi @Miss_Shanghai,
I will realize a small tutorial about that.
Stay tuned :wink:

1 Like

Hi @Giuseppe_Schiuma,

this is great! Thanks so much :slight_smile:

I can’t upload any thing, look…

Pls help