How to use multiple CoBlocks pages in one scene

Hello,

in CoSpaceEdu several CoBlocks pages can be created side by side in one scene.

Bildschirmfoto 2020-08-13 um 17.42.52

In which order are they processed: parallel or one after the other ?

And can a variable be used on several CoBlocks pages simultaneously ?

Greetings

Michael

They are processed in parallel.
If you want to use a variable used on several CoBlocks pages, you may use the block “CoSpace property”. The CoSpace property can be used in various pages. Hope it helps!

1 Like

Hello Elly_Heung,

Thank you for your quick answer.

CoBlock tabs are processed in parallel:

1. how can I run several CoBlock-Tabs one after the other ?
  2. and how should I use CoSpace property on several CoBlock-Tabs ?

Unfortunately I could not remix your CoSpace property to see your solution. Please be so kind and release the remix function so that I can see how you use CoSpace property on several CoBlock-Tabs.

Best Regards

Michael

Hi Michael,
Try this link CoSpaces Edu :: Cospace property
You can remix it.
For question 1, I tried to use conditions to run several coblock-tabs one after the other. It works.
For question 2, you can use the cospace property on several coblock tabs by using the coblock “cospace property”.

1 Like

Thank you very much for making your example „remixable“. Michael

Just a note - multiple Scripts run left to right; I assume this would be the same for CoBlocks, were it not for the “When Play clicked” eventListener set at the beginning of every tab. That said, there are multiple ways you can structure your code to run in a particular sequence, including:

1. Functions
  2. Time delays
  3. Conditionals

Regards,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Hello, Geoff,

Thank you very much for this additional very helpful information.

Functions are always displayed before “When Play clicked”, but are only called up after that. How do you think a control of CoBlocks tabs with functions could look like ?

Do you have a tip how I can get rid of the “When Play clicked” ? Unfortunately I did not succeed.

Greetings and thanks again for your tips.

Michael

Hi Michael,

As long as you enable “Available in all scripts of this scene” for the functions, you can organise your code however you like. One common approach is to have a “Main” tab where you have the main run of your code (including the blocks where you call your functions, and use the other tabs with actual function code as Libraries.

You can’t get rid of the When Play clicked eventListener, but it doesn’t do any harm :blush:

Hope that helps,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Really found this helpful thanks .

1 Like