I'm trying to make a souls like

I’m challenging myself to make souls like but I don’t know how to make a health and damage system, can anybody help me?

4 Likes

Hi @Souls-like_maker,
Is the health and damage system for entities or yourself?
If it’s for yourself or a small number of entities, you can make variables to express the health of that entity, and reduce it when damage is taken. I can make an example of this if you want, and if the health and damage system is for a large number of entities, you can make a cloning system by making a new function. However, I have never done a health system for cloned entities, I think you’ll have to ask an ambassador for that.

Hope this helped!

4 Likes

For the cloning system you can just set the name of the clone to original name + n (that is a variable that changes by one every time you create a clone) and call the variable woth the name of the clone so every clone has his var. I can also make an example of this.

4 Likes

Hi @Alessio_Bonini!
An amazing idea you have there! I would love an example project of this.
(Never realized we had a “modify” block that lets you change names, was this a recent update?)
Thanks!

2 Likes

@Alessio_Bonini For Ever :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face: Good Job

4 Likes

This is an example of what I was assuming: CoSpaces Edu :: health and damage system for a list

Hope it helps!

4 Likes

You can adapt it by adding a function to create a copy of a text element so that each vampire’s life is shown.

4 Likes

Genius. :clap: :clap: :clap:

This is a huge thing I learned especially since this is crucial to those who are trying to make “ai multiplayer” games, with a large entity count. Thanks for this marvelous solution!!

2 Likes

Very happy that you like my idea.

1 Like

You can mark the idea of Alessio as a solution

2 Likes

@astrid_hulsebosch I am not the creator of this post, unfortunately, I cannot mark Alessio’s solution as the solution for this topic. @Souls-like_maker if you can, please mark his post as the solution.

3 Likes

Thanks, man! this was really helpful.

3 Likes

Very happy to read this, you can mark it as a solution pf your problem!

2 Likes