Key Applications: Games

I’m trying to follow the video “Key Applications: Games” that is on the CoSpaces YouTube channel. I’ve worked through the video twice and my Parkour project will still not work. I’m trying to figure this out so I can share with my students. Does anyone have written, step by step instructions I can follow? The video doesn’t seem to show everything needed to make this project work.
Thanks!

If you don’t have a camera object in the space, you won’t be able to move around / jump when you play the game… other than that, I don’t really know

Hello,

We would be happy to provide you with a lesson plan with step-by-step instructions guiding through the creation of a parkour game. Are there specific issues you ran into?

Thanks!

Hi- I would love to have a lesson plan with step by step instructions. Here is my project https://cospac.es/776W
I’m still not sure why the camera immediately falls and it will not let me navigate through the space.
I know the video tutorials you provide are useful, but I think most teachers would prefer step by step instructions. The videos can be a little confusing sometimes.
Thanks,
Vicki Winstead

Hey @Vicki_W!

You have done everything right, the only reason why your camera is falling through the platform is because it is too low above the platform so the collider of the camera is not working as you would expect. To fix the problem, just raise the camera a little bit higher and it will work! :slight_smile:

I hope that helps!

I would also love to have a step-by-step tutorial. I love the videos but they are so quick that they really aren’t feasible for a classroom of beginners, especially with remote learning.

Hi there,
I’m a newbie, fairly new anyway. I’ve been working on developing the parkour game too. My first question is: how do you play the game? I tried playing it on my mobile phone, iPhone 11, using the arrows to walk and jump, and couldn’t get anywhere. I tried it on a cheap HMD, BoboVR Z5, and got no where.

If I play it on my Oculus Quest 2, using the browser, will it work?

Thanks for any help, Brenda