Low Gravity? please help me

im making a space game and i need to add low gravity to it idk how to do this please help me

1 Like

Hi @sus_sage,

You could use “set gravity pull” CoBlock to set low gravity.

2 Likes

ok thankyou ill use that

1 Like

Hi @sus_sage,

If the above answer is the solution you’ve implemented, please mark that answer as the solution.

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Hi team,
I’m having a bit of trouble with this too. I can use the set gravity block without any problems, works fine for all the physics objects in the space. Problem is that the camera does not seem to be affected by gravity changes.

1 Like

I know, it’s a little strange, right? I distinctly remember the CoSpaces Edu :: Aliens! space having the camera lift off the ground (it was attached to the head of a person), and this still works but if you look around there’s some weird behaviour.

So adding the Camera as a child to a helper object with Physics enabled and overriding the keys (and disabling the mouse) is one option.

I guess the reason for this is that in most cases a student may want the Camera to just observe the gravity changes, rather than be affected by them.

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the reply. I tried to user the helper object method and still had no luck, camera became fixed to the object and wouldn’t move.

Maybe a feature request as it seems lacking to not be able to experience rather than just observe gravity…especially in VR.

1 Like

Yes, you need to set up key events to move the helper object (similar to a 3rd-person setup) to experience the physics.

I agree it would be a nice feature to turn this on for the Camera.

@Stefan, could you comment on the nature of Physics on the Camera, in relation to Gravity?

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Got it working now! Just had to play around with the helper code.

3 Likes

Hi @techleapnz,

Regarding physics gravity and the camera; currently the camera is not affected by the gravity setting. Only physics items are.

1 Like

Hi @Stefan , would be great to have the option to turn physics on for the camera so the viewer can experience different gravities rather than just view other objects.

1 Like

Hi @iaincb,

Good idea! I’ll let our developers know of your feedback :slight_smile:

1 Like

Somehow, I got to this

1 Like

That always happens when I have a space with a jumping code, like move player up and then down, but it keeps on ending up higher or lower than the ground.

1 Like

Hi @Bladebob20000, weird…It doesn’t use a move command, rather uses a physics push up for jumping. So you would think you couldn’t land below the ground plane.

Well done for managing it!

1 Like