Masking tool hiccup

I was demonstrating the masking tool in class, using a 360-image as background, and it worked perfectly for me. But when the students tried to replicate my actions, the masking tool did not work…for none of them!

They can set the masking attribute to an object. We can see the magenta/purple outline in the editor. But when pressing Play, the mask did not work --sometimes you see a little flash in Play mode where the masking object should be. The entire masked object dispersal --like is not even there.

Thanks

Hi @arivera!

Could you provide a share-link to the spaces with us? We’d like to investigate the issue directly.

Also, which devices were you using for making your 360 scenes in class?

Links:

Image taken with Google Street View app.
Actually, I was trying to get a screenshot of my project, and the masking tool did not work! It was fine yesterday :confused:

Screenshots:

-Student: editor
student_masking_editor

-Student: play mode
student_masking_play

-Teacher: editor
teacher_masking_editor

-Teacher: play mode
teacher_masking_play

Thanks

I’ve send your examples to our developers, thanks for your quick reply :slight_smile:

Which browser are you & your students using for cospaces? Only Chrome and Firefox can guarantee all features of CoSpaces working properly.

Hi @arivera,

in your screenshot examples I see your mask items standing behind the items that should be covered. Have you tried moving the mask item to the front, so that the item you want to cover is not visible behind the outlines?

MoveMaskItem

Chrome and Firefox --but mostly Chrome.

The masked objects are actually in front of the characters in the projects.
After we turn on the masking feature, we get the magenta outline, but the mask itself is not applied like in your video.

Do you mind sharing the screen-capturing program you are using so I could show what I see.
Thanks

The masking feature seem to have stopped working in my other projects too.

The women used be “behind” the shrub…not anymore :confused:

Hi @arivera,

while we’re investigating this issue, it would be super helpful if you could help us out with the following questions:

a) Which browser did you use while making the screenshots?
b) What computer are you using as teacher? (e.g. chromebook, macbook, windows pc)
c) What computer are your students using? (e.g. chromebook, macbook, windows pc)
d) Did these scenes work on the same computers before while the mask items were working?

a) Which browser did you use while making the screenshots?
Chrome. Screenshots taken with Window’s snipping tool

Google Chrome67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable)Revisiona337fbf3c2ab8ebc6b64b0bfdce73a20e2e2252b-refs/branch-heads/3396@{#790}OSWindowsJavaScriptV8 6.7.288.46Flash30.0.0.134 C:\Users\arivera\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\PepperFlash\30.0.0.134\pepflashplayer.dllUser AgentMozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.99 Safari/537.36Command Line"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-endExecutable PathC:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exeProfile PathC:\Users\arivera\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default

b) What computer are you using as teacher? (e.g. chromebook, macbook, windows pc)
Windows

c) What computer are your students using? (e.g. chromebook, macbook, windows pc)
Windows (same configuration as above)

d) Did these scenes work on the same computers before while the mask items were working?
The scene made by the teacher, yes.

Hi @arivera,

thanks for all the details!

One last thing our devs were asking for: could you share a dxdiag report with us? This is how it works on Windows 7:

1. Click on the “Start” Button.
  2. In the Search Box type dxdiag and press Enter. The DirectX Diagnostic Tool pop-up window should appear
  3. Click on “Save all Information.”
  4. Save the information to your Desktop, keep the file name as is.
  5. Attach (or paste the contents of) the file as post.

Those are graphics diagnostics data that we can look through to understand what could have gone wrong with the mask item :slight_smile:

HI there,

Sorry, I did not have access to the lab until today.
Please find attached the results of the diagnostics tool.

Thanks

(PS: After I read your suggestion of running dxdiag, I realized the problem may be the machines as they seem pretty old)

DxDiag.txt (19.9 KB)