Oculus Quest issue - thumb toggles not always working in Walk mode

Hi there,

I am looking at getting my students to create something in CoSpaces then play it on an Oculus Quest 2.

For instance, if they are making a Parkour game, they test it on their headsets but they obviously can’t walk through the whole thing, that would take far too much space for a simple headset.

I just wonder if there is any kind of input buttons which are on CoSpaces for the Oculus Quest 2, instead of when press up, be when use diagonal stick up.

If anyone has any idea, that’d be wicked!

Cheers,
Rory

Hi @Rory_McJorrow,

The default movement in the Oculus Quest uses the toggle stick; you can also point and “click” (pull trigger), but you can’t jump (yet).

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this. If this solves your problem, please mark this post as the Solution.

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

Thanks Geoff,

Unfortunately what I am after is how you can actually code for that to happen. Right now you physically have to move in VR to move the camera, rather than it be changed with any button on the VR controllers.

Thanks,
Rory

Hi @Rory_McJorrow,

That’s not my experience, using the default Quest browser on the original Quest. When I want to move in VR on my Quest, I use the thumb toggle on the controllers - this allows me to Walk or Fly, so there is no need to code this.

However, upon testing it this morning, it appears there is an issues with some CoSpaces which use Walk mode, whereby the 1st time you play it, the thumb toggles do nothing, but the 2nd time you play they work.

Some CoSpaces I had problems with were: CoSpaces Edu :: VR Adventure Game, CoSpaces Edu :: Coronavirus

CoSpaces that I had no problem with were: CoSpaces Edu :: Parkour game and CoSpaces Edu :: The Infiltration

@Stefan, could you get somebody to check this out? @Rory_McJorrow, can you see if this work-around (going out of the space and going back in) works for you?

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Hi @techleapnz and @Rory_McJorrow ,

I had the same issue a few weeks ago, and as @techleapnz says, going out of the space and going back in just magically solved the problem!

Best, Victor.

1 Like