Only 1 "collide with" is allowed to work in Cospaces?

Hi all,

I’m trying to create an HUB with 2 teleport to other scene. It seems that only 1 “collide with” is allowed to be active. At first I placed coBlock inside same script “teleports” then I splitted in 2 different script to find a solution.

I use a collision box to trigger collision between character and teleport.
Only 1 can work correctly.

What I’m doing wrong?

1 Like

Hi @Luca_Garattoni, only 1 collide with event is allowed per object (adding another will overwrite it); There are 2 ways to go about it:

1. Instead of checking to see if the character touches the object check if the object hits the character; Same thing but now each teleporter has 1 event on it instead of the character having 2 (meaning 1 won’t work). This is the simpelest method. And by far the best practice to use.

2. Way more convoluted but sometimes usefull is adding a When character collides with “Another item”, then using an “if statement” to check if that item is a teleporter. The problem is the computer will have to check that for each item the character collides with; So generally not the best approach, but can be usefull in certain cases.

I’ve added both versions in, I’d recommend deleting the second option. Just added it as reference.
Hope to have helped!

1 Like