Quiz panel returns when answered

Hi,

I created a Merge Cube as an example how students can learn words and then do a quiz afterwards.

My problem is that once the students start the quiz what is supposed to happen is the following: they can point at one of the six animated animal characters. That triggers a questions. If they answer it, the quiz panel disappears and if they clicked the right word, an mp3 file plays, the animal disappears and they get a point. If they don’t answer the question, I want the panel to disappear. So if they answer all questions correctly, all the animals disappear and the get six points.

What happens though: since the first animal you point at is usually the dog, that question comes up first. It will not disappear if I move the cube, though. If I answer correctly, the panel disappears, the mp3 is played and I get a point, the animal disappears but the panel comes back. So I get stuck on the question. How can I discourage the panel from coming back?

Three more questions:

1. Any better idea to make the score show somewhere where you always see it?
  2. What would I have to do so the points are transferred between the quiz scenes if I wanted f.ex. 3 scenes with altogether 18 words and then 2-3 scenes with quizzes?
  3. Since I attach the flags to the cube, they disappear depending on the angle you look at them because they sink into the picture of the animal. Any way to attach then to the top of the picture? This kind of flags is all I found - I wish there were 3D-flags that are animated and that you can use instead.

On a sidenote: it would be nice to be able to have actions as answers (f.ex. click on the right picture of four on one side of the cube)

Hi @petiteprof79,

There was no quiz logic on your space, so I added a quiz when the dog is clicked. After the correct answer, the dog image disappeares and the score is increased and printed to the Score panel.

1. Any better idea to make the score show somewhere where you always see it?
    You can place score panel on every side.
    Or you can place one score panel, add add “When * side is looked at” block and move the score panel to it. Repeat this block for all six sides. In this case you will have only panel at a time and less visual garbage.

2. What would I have to do so the points are transferred between the quiz scenes if I wanted f.ex. 3 scenes with altogether 18 words and then 2-3 scenes with quizzes?
    Please, take a look at this thread with a sample of property usage for having scores.

3. Since I attach the flags to the cube, they disappear depending on the angle you look at them because they sink into the picture of the animal. Any way to attach then to the top of the picture? This kind of flags is all I found - I wish there were 3D-flags that are animated and that you can use instead.

You can always move flags to be a little above the picture to prevent them from overlapping.

1. On a sidenote: it would be nice to be able to have actions as answers (f.ex. click on the right picture of four on one side of the cube)

We do not have that CoBlock but you can implement this quiz by yourself!

Hope that helps!

Hey, thanks.
Actually the quiz was in the second scene, not the first. The first is to learn the words.
We did solve the problem I had: I made the animal disappear but apparently it is still there even if you can’t see it. I then deleted it when the question is answered correctly and then it worked.

Hi,
I’m having a similar issue and wondering if you can maybe clarify the fix for me? I’m trying to ask a quiz question that if answered correctly it moves to the next scene. That works fine. Ask a question. Answer correctly. Go to next scene. But… then the quiz panel reappears. What am I missing? Thanks in advance for any help.

Hi,

I deleted the trigger when the question was correctly answered.

Stephanie

Hi @missgreer,

please, share your CoSpace so I can take a look and find the problem

Hi,

I’ve encountered an issue with my Merge Cube project designed for students to learn words and take a quiz afterward. The problem arises during the quiz section: when students point at one of the six animated animal characters, a question is triggered. If answered correctly, the quiz panel should disappear, an MP3 file plays, the animal vanishes, and the student earns a point. However, the first animal, usually the dog, remains on the screen even after answering the question correctly. Although the panel disappears momentarily, it reappears, causing the quiz to get stuck on that question. How can I prevent the panel from reappearing after answering correctly?