Text Typing letter by letter as a function using Coblocks

Hi there,
I need text that types letter by letter for my character dialog. Does anyone know how to do this?

Here you go :blush:

Unfortunately, in CoBlocks, you can’t get a character at a particular index of a string, like you can with javascript; you would have to make a list, adding one letter at a time - very tedious!

@Stefan or @mikhailo, it would be nice to be able to use the item 0 of Variable in CoBlocks with variables, and not just lists (it currently shows both in the menu, but doesn’t work for both).

Anyway, hope that helps, @Blazifying! Let me know if you have any questions about this. If this solves your problem, please mark as the Solution.

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

I did this on scratch once but when I replicated it on cospaces, I noticed some blocks didn’t exist. I would like to do this on scripting, but I made the project using coblocks. Thanks for providing a solution that may be helpful in the future!

PS: I’m not yet marking this a solution because I’m waiting for this to become available in coblocks.

Maybe update your initial post to reflect that you’d like a solution in CoBlocks. Note that I did suggest a solution for CoBlocks - it’s just not the most efficient solution.

1 Like

I have added another scene to this Cospace which demonstrates how to do letter-by-letter typing in CoBlocks.

That’s probably the most obvious way to do it but I’m looking for one where you don’t need to add a bunch of letters to a list and a bunch of blocks. Thanks for trying again though!

Not trying, but merely demonstrating how it can be achieved in CoBlocks. I understand this is not ideal, but it is possible.

I’ll see if I can find a workaround to this solution as well. So far, nothing.