The scale manipulator is missing

The move and rotate tools work but when I tried to use the scale tool, the scale manipulators are missing and the only way I can scale is to drag the mouse up and down to scale proportionately; but not on individual axis.

1 Like

That’s correct, but it’s not missing - it was never there. This is the same for the “Drag to Lift” tool. This is not an oversight - CoSpaces deliberately alters the global scale of objects so that they stay in proportion.

Scaling/stretching is only available on basic building objects in Library > Building.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further queries.

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

I have a similar question. Let’s say I am trying to design a building that looks like the Capitol Building. After being able to change length/width/height of the first cube, I can’t change others other than to just scale up and down. Is there not a way to adjust further objects?

Hi @wrigsfl,

If you are using building blocks from Library > Building, you can change the dimensions of these objects individually, but not if grouped.

Can you share a link to a remixable CoSpace or provide some pics to help us understand your particular problem?

Many thanks,
Geoff

It looks like things are working ok now. I think I have found that as you use the 4 controls, you have to click off one to use another. Is that correct?

Yes, that’s correct - when you select the rotate or translation tool, the dimension arrows are hidden (so that we can see the rotate/translate UI), and you must unselect the selected tool to bring them back. You can, however, still use the drag-to-lift and drag-to-scale when rotate/translate are selected.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Geoff @ TechLeap