The scale manipulator is missing

The move and rotate tools work but when I tried to use the scale tool, the scale manipulators are missing and the only way I can scale is to drag the mouse up and down to scale proportionately; but not on individual axis.

1 Like

That’s correct, but it’s not missing - it was never there. This is the same for the “Drag to Lift” tool. This is not an oversight - CoSpaces deliberately alters the global scale of objects so that they stay in proportion.

Scaling/stretching is only available on basic building objects in Library > Building.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further queries.

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

I have a similar question. Let’s say I am trying to design a building that looks like the Capitol Building. After being able to change length/width/height of the first cube, I can’t change others other than to just scale up and down. Is there not a way to adjust further objects?

Hi @wrigsfl,

If you are using building blocks from Library > Building, you can change the dimensions of these objects individually, but not if grouped.

Can you share a link to a remixable CoSpace or provide some pics to help us understand your particular problem?

Many thanks,
Geoff

It looks like things are working ok now. I think I have found that as you use the 4 controls, you have to click off one to use another. Is that correct?

Yes, that’s correct - when you select the rotate or translation tool, the dimension arrows are hidden (so that we can see the rotate/translate UI), and you must unselect the selected tool to bring them back. You can, however, still use the drag-to-lift and drag-to-scale when rotate/translate are selected.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this.

Geoff @ TechLeap

When the object’s scale manipulator is missing and you want to use it again,
first, click on the object using mouse left button.
second, click on the move mode button which is on the first row and second column.
The move mode button is toggled both to move up & down and to scale up & down