The Start of Pathfinding! (Ongoing Project)

So although not inherently neccesary it would be quite messy and bug prone if it were to be removed, But all it is is a child of index 0 with a name that indicates if an object is a wall; The actual name you wish to use can be set in the typescript code

2 Likes

Then would this work out?

Delete all wallprop items, and instead rename all wall objects to “wall” and ensure that none other items have the same name, such as the camera or the enemy;

Then I modified the wall detection to just any item with the name “wall” instead of a child of index 0:

I tested this out and it works, what are the consequences of using this?

2 Likes

Exactly, at first glance thats should work also

2 Likes

Only consequence is that when duplicating walls CoSpaces adds a number to the name, which would then not be indentified as a wall so you would have to remove the number and have the name be “Wall” again.
You can however prevent this by using ctrl+c, ctrl+v to duplicate your walls instead, they will spawn directly ontop of one another but they keep the same name. That way you dont have to keep changing them.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Ever since Luc’s final model of the A* pathfinding method in cospaces in Feb. 23, I have thought of making a game using that exact pathfinding. For the past few days(and weeks), I have been working day and night on the final project that will conclude this project. It is based on an online creepypasta concept called “The Backrooms”. I finished all game mechanics, and it shouldn’t be long before I release it to the public. I plan to release the game on January 23 (in 2 more weeks), also marking the anniversary of this project. I want to give my thanks to everyone who contributed to this project, and without yall, I never would’ve thought to go this far. I didn’t even think pathfinding was possible with cospaces, haha. Anyways, stay tuned in this post for the prerelease of the game, because it might as well been the hardest game I ever created. (over 110 total hours of production!!!) very special thanks to @Luc for practically helping me out with every single bug and problem that came up, and for being the one to transition the A* C++ pathfinding into Cospaces typescript.
See yall in 14 days!
(I will now make finishing touches to the game as well as making it appealing to the audience)

With appreciation,
Clizxxy(Bladebob20000)

4 Likes

Hi everyone!

My original plan was to have the final release finished by tomorrow, unfortunately, I have been busy and couldn’t make it in time. Instead, here is the beta pre-release version with only the play features!

This game is up for bug testing, please let me know if there are any problems with the game.

4 Likes

Looking good @Bladebob20000!
Haven’t noticed any bugs, the only thing I’d note is that I still think the final monster is a bit too fast :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The key to the chase is that you need to wait for the monster to reach the narrow passageway, so that the entity has a longer path toward you, I usually beat the game with around 5 seconds of spare time, I’ll probably make it slower anyway. Thanks!

3 Likes