3D Model upload troubleshooting collection

Hi @caprikonedu,
this is the fbx version of your file: to obtain the texture you have to drag this zip file (fbx+png).

chairFBX.zip (439.9 KB)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the advice and helping me export these two, @Giuseppe_Schiuma! I’ll take some time to learn the github add-on too… I appreciate it!

1 Like

Hi @caprikonedu, it isn’t necessary to know github, if you want to create some models in Minecraft and import them in CoSpaces I think you have two ways:

1. You can export your models on paint 3d (I assume… as I’m not in Windows world), then in 3D Builder to convert them in obj format so you can export them into CoSpaces
  2. You can download the add on for Blender 3D from GitHub, install it and then import all your files in Blender from Minecraft so you can convert them in fbx or obj format

Hope this helps, Giuseppe

4 Likes

Got it. Thank you so much for your help, Giuseppe! :grinning:

2 Likes

Hi all,
Sometimes when i want to import 3d object (example in attachment), i can’t use it because it refuse “to come” in the building area and outside in the background. I can’t move it, i can’t change X/Y/Z coordinate… nothing works and i don’t understand why. Do you have an idea ?
roue-chiffre-de-cesar.zip (373.7 KB)

1 Like

I noticed that not al OBJ objects in Sketchfab are uploaded correctly. This can create some problems. It happened that the mtl. file was missing or that the file was too big unzipped ( max = 50mb) or that the extensions weren’t correct to be uploaded. @Giuseppe_Schiuma has a lot of experience with Blender maybe he can help you.

3 Likes

hi @dthomas80,
your objects had the pivot point far from the center point so I corrected their position in Blender 3D. I also resized them (you can resize them as you need in CoSpaces).
Hope this helps, Giuseppe

roue-chiffre-de-cesar.zip (238.7 KB)

3 Likes

Thanks a lot. I never use “blender 3d”, i will see that :wink: :wink:

2 Likes

hi, I wanted to upload some 3d models from onshape to cospaces in the obj format, but then I can’t upload the obj document to cospaces after I downloaded it, so I have to compress it into the zip format. after that, I am able to upload it, but there will be no colour on the model. can you help me out? thx

1 Like

same thing happened when I used tinkered but there was colour last time I used tinkercad

1 Like

Hi @chukkkkkk, if you download files from sketchpad you have 2 folders: source and texture; the source generally contains the obj file and the mtl file; the texture contains all the pictures that cover the mesh. You need to manually edit the mtl file to reassign the correct path to the textures otherwise CoSpaces doesn’t find them.
I suggest to insert all the files (obj, mtl, textures) into one folder. Sometimes I found that mtl file is missing so you need to create it (I use Blender 3D that is free).
Please send us your file so we can see what is the problem.

1 Like

Hi @Giuseppe_Schiuma , I hope you’re doing well.
Would you please tell me if there is a way to get eggs out of this nest model ?
Birds nest.zip (275.3 KB)

I’ve been searching for an empty nest but in vain.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @tajajtsidi, do you like this nest?

birds_nest_void.zip (10.0 MB)

3 Likes

Perfect, thank you.
Could I change the color.

1 Like

Hi @tajajtsidi if you upload a 3D model with textures you can’t change color. What colour do you need?

1 Like

Thank you @Giuseppe_Schiuma for your precious time. I need this color #e5ab71

1 Like

I cant upload this .fbx file that is around 27 mb into cospaces. Ive tried the .mtl, obj, and .stl versions, but they are too big or dont work. I originally exported this file from blender. How can I fix this?

1 Like

Hi @Luca_Weik, can you please send here the file?

1 Like

I would like to know how to solve this point "edit the mtl file to reassign the correct path "
Could you explain this step? Thank you

1 Like

hi @arbues,
if you upload the object file (with texture and mtl file) but you see the object completely white then you have to open the .mtl file with a text editor (not Word) so you can see the following line:

map_Kd imageFolder/sampleTexture.jpg

This means that when the object is uploaded into CoSpaces you have the correct texture mapping if the texture is actually into the “imageFolder” folder otherwise you have to write the correct path. For instance if the image file of the texture is in the same folder of the obj and mtl file you have to change the line like this (remember to save as mtl file):

map_Kd sampleTexture.jpg

I hope I was clear and comprehensive.

2 Likes