3D Model upload troubleshooting collection

Hi @techleapnz

Should I send you my files?

1 Like

If you provide a Drive/Dropbox folder where I (or others) can download them, that would be best.

Geoff

1 Like

Can I share a google drive with you?

1 Like

Hi Geoff,
thank you so much.
Do you know of any platform where I could find files that will work.
I do need something referring to Aladdin and something referring to the Beatles.

1 Like

Hi Steph,

Try these. It’s going to vary from upload to upload, so persevere! :blush:

Geoff @ TechLeap

5 Likes

Hi @shambhavideshpande @Giuseppe_Schiuma helped me to solve this problem creating the missed file in Blender.
https://forum.edu.cospaces.io/t/upload-3d-modell-do-i-something-wrong/7861/2?u=astrid_hulsebosch

1 Like

My friend @Giuseppe_Schiuma use Blender to create the missing mt. file

1 Like

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1lWPQr8fy1gtwSmidIo7MuXrSGbif4sUP
This is google drive adress of CLO(3d modeling program) original file. (zprj file.) + bear.fbx, bottle.fbx, bottle.zip (surely bottle.zprj)

In CLO, i can export that file fbx or zip(obj,mtl,png) and somthing more.

I tried this and some files uploaded but others not uploaded.

bear file is what i succeed to upload, and bottle file is what I failed to upload(one of many others)

bear file was in fbx file and I tried bottle in fbx and failed thus I tried obj too but failed too. (if it success, without color and textures.)

how can I fix it? :pleading_face::pleading_face:
please help me

I attached my bottle color!

1 Like

Hello, @sujeong, I opened bear.fbx model but I noticed that normals are flipped on the rear part so you don’t see the texture because it’s flipped inside the model. The small blue lines are the direction of the texture. On the back part they are not visible because are inside the model.

here the bear model that I remapped in obj that you can import in CoSpaces but you need to flip normals (into your modeling software) in order to have the correct visualization.

bear.zip (1.7 MB)

Hope this helps,
Giuseppe

3 Likes

Hello!
I appreciate for your kind reply.
I didn’t know bear’s texture wasn’t visible. (I thought bear.fbx was successfully uploaded.)
I get to know by you and it was very helpful.

But I have another issue to solve :pleading_face:

Could you check what is different between bear.fbx and bottle.fbx?
Bottle.fbx is not uploaded on cospaces. (Even though I made it in same way with bear.fbx)

→ it is very stressful :pleading_face:. Except bear.fbx, every other files not uploaded(I can’t upload)… I want to know why but hard to know myself.

Bottle.zprj is original file(CLO),
Bottle.fbx is fbx file in same way with bear.fbx.
Bottle.zip is what I made because bottle.fbx failed to upload.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1vtTmEmEmjtuZc004XTtxi0oM_7WNdddG
(My google drive address and I uploaded that three file)

To sum it up,
1. Bear.fbx file works, but bottle.fbx dosen’t. => why??? (How to upload… ㅜㅜ I have more than twenty files like this)
1-1. When I make bear.zprj file to obj file, it dosen’t work. Why it is? (Your obj file working well! Not mine ㅜㅜ)
2. What program did you use to change my bear.fbx file? (Just want to know… haha)

Thanks for your help! Your my lifesaver…

3 Likes

Hi @sujeong, I start from bottom: I use Blender 3D for modeling, texturing, conversion file, animation. But sometimes I use other softwares that help me to correct some errors in the mesh (like for example Meshlab).
I installed CLO to know the source of the bottle file. Exporting the project as Obj I obtained this file… the only problem I found was that i miss your logo graphic but I can upload it correctly in CoSpace.
Maybe if you bake the texture in UV maps may help. Consider that the priority in VR/AR application is the fluidity of graphic experience so the files should be light in terms of geometry and textures.

sacca.zip (1.6 MB)

Hope this helps you,
Giuseppe

2 Likes

When uploading a zip file from a lidar scan from an iPad pro, it sometimes works. Now it keeps giving me an error that the file is too large. Or it gets stuck at 10% and won’t get any further. Can anyone help with this? Did something change with the file upload size cap?

Here is a link to one that worked. So we know it’s possible or at least was possible at one point.

1 Like

Hello @Erin_Whitaker, it is a common problem with files scanned or sculpted with a large number of faces that are very large and sometimes with some errors in the mesh. You need to retoplogy and scale the mesh. To do this you can use for example free software like Blender 3D, Meshlab or Instant meshes.
Hope this helps,
Giuseppe

2 Likes

Hi everyone,
Would someone please help me about .3ds or .gsm objects. How can I add them to Cospaces.

0a326bcad96567aa5579f2c28c65cb49.zip (8.0 MB)

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

hello @tajajtsidi,
your file is made by two objects: 777.3ds (with no texture) is ok but flowerbed.3ds seems to be corrupted.
GSM file is 3D object defined using the graphic description language (GDL), a standard method for describing three-dimensional shapes; recognized by ArchiCAD and other Building Information Modeling (BIM) applications.
3DS file is a 3D image format used by Autodesk 3D Studio. Contains mesh data, material attributes, bitmap references, smoothing group data, viewport configurations, camera positions, and lighting information. 3DS files can also include object animation data.
You can open .3ds files with Meshlab and then you can export them in obj format so you can upload them in CoSpaces.

Hope this helps,
Giuseppe

777.zip (2.3 MB)

3 Likes

Thank you so much @Giuseppe_Schiuma .

2 Likes

Great solution thanks Giuseppe :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

I’ve created a 3D object in Minecraft and exported it as a .glb, I’ve converted it into a .fbx through Blender but when I import it into CoSpaces, the textures are not visible. (I’ve also tried this with .obj (+ .lib) and .stl formats but textures were not visible on all 3.)

chair.glb is exported from Minecraft
chair.fbx is exported from Blender
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1Huo_Q4zSdu5TfFn7nrfsnIABvn6u8eet?usp=sharing

In folder ‘Trial 2’ it contains another object that I exported from Minecraft and also exported from Blender.

Would really appreciate your help with this as we’re trying to find a good integration between the two applications. Thank you so much!

1 Like

hi @caprikonedu, It would be a good start point if you take a look to this add-on:
blender-minecraft add on

1 Like

Hi @caprikonedu,
I noticed some errors in the chair fbx file exported (there were also the default cube of Blender). In Blender I reassigned the UV image and then here it is your model in obj format, you can drag it directly into CoSpaces:
chair.zip (431.5 KB)

Hope this helps,
Giuseppe

1 Like