3D Model upload troubleshooting collection

Hey @Kevin_White ,
I looked into the file and I think the textures where not properly linked to the model, that’s why it did not work. I assigned the texture and uploaded the model, you can remix it from this CoSpace:

I hope it helps, let me know if it does not work!
1 Like

Hi There,

I try to upload a OBJ+ MTL file made in Doodle3D (https://transform.doodle3d.com/)

The material colour are not visible after importing the model. I opened the model in Sketchfab here the colours are visible so it looks like the export is correct.

Maybe you guys can figure out what is going wrong :slight_smile: I added my test model and log and test Test_Doodle3DQR space in the attachment

Leg_art.zip (1.8 MB)

1 Like

Thank you for posting this models. We found and fixed a bug with the materials. Your sample will work correctly with the next release

Thats Awesome :slight_smile: Thanks for the fast reply :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for going out of your way. Any chance you can send me the files you fixed?

I am also trying to get this one in. Same issue. Oddly, I used this same artist, he had packaged the last 2 models the same way, but they both went in without issue.
It would be really great if CoSpaces could do a webinar on 3D uploads and post it to YouTube. I don’t know what the difference is between a lot of these files.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/19P7zvebp8lGAusIC3IUQgt-8_oR20Gdm/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hello
I used these object in my project but it did not show the color Is there a way or Any thing to do I am participating in a workshop and I want to include this object

1 Like

Could you please attach a model file, so we could investigate a problem?

2 Likes
1 Like

We have identified and fixed a bug that caused your problem. Please, try to paste this object now.

1 Like

The problem is still the discoloration but the object’s shape cannot be preserved

2 Likes

Hi, the normals of the head are inverted. This is set in the model and should be fixed there

upd: the obj file has normals set up properly, and the fbx file has wrong normals. You could use obj file or fix the fbx.

1 Like

Hello, I am having trouble importing a custom asset (https://www.cgtrader.com/free-3d-models/aircraft/commercial/singapore-airlines-airbus-a350-941-9v-sma-2016-wi-fi-dome). According to the Log, there are bad materials in the scene. Maybe you guys could help me out?

Singapore A350.fbx (4.6 MB)

1 Like

Hi I am a teacher and am trying to have my students upload models for making their historical cospaces. Problem we are encountering is that the textures and colors are not importing with the models at times as well as that models are importing halfway in the floor.

Here are some of the models we are having problems with:
LOD0_long_house.fbx (2.9 MB) LOD0_long_house.obj (9.3 MB)

Thank you for any help!

1 Like

Hi Heather,

Imported objects appearing halfway through the floor is standard for uploaded objects (including those found via Upload > 3D Objects > Web Search).

When I imported your FBX file and clicked on “Show Exporter Log” it said:

Bad materials in scene:
thatch_opacity:
Textures: [“thatch_opacity.png”]

This may mean that the material is missing from this FBX file or that the path to the PNG is incorrect - in this case I believe the image is missing.

Regards,
Geoff @ TechLeap

2 Likes

Uh It says that the file couldnt upload i need help uploading it,Spiral+Stairs+Double+Crossed.obj (183 Bytes)

1 Like

Hi @Brandon_Hsu,

The OBJ file you listed has an issue - I suggest that you have only part of the file, as 183 Bytes is not enough to be a complete OBJ file. Try downloading it again from wherever you sourced/made the file.

Regards,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Hi there, I have several 3D-files that despite their being in the correct format (I think) can’t be imported. They upload and then they are either grey (Lennon) or they don’t show up.
There are a few files, I only need two of them. The one with the name John Lennon (which I bought) and one other for Aladdin. I would prefer one with a person but the oil lamp would do if need be.

The files are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtHTLtNg0bNKjK15Z4YQRZTdEebFdg?e=1kaI0k

1 Like

Also: is there any way to make the file size of imported 3D items smaller (on your end maybe?).
I am working on a huge game with my colleague and it would be really helpful if we didn’t have to reimport everything and basically start from scratch because there is a lot of coding involved.

1 Like

Hi @Stefan,

I have several 3D files that I need to be uploaded. They always show with no color, are you still taking requests to upload files for us?

Thank you,
Bella

1 Like