Best place to find 360 images?

I am working with a few science teachers who are asking students to create virtual reality tours of biomes. We are hoping to import 360 images into our scenes but are having trouble finding places to find downloadable, free 360 images of different biomes. Any help or suggestions?

1 Like

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for getting in touch.

This is a great place to find 360 images - https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=equirectangular&license=2%2C3%2C4%2C5%2C6%2C9 - if you search creative commons then they are fine to use. I’m not sure how great it will be for biomes, but maybe you can find something worthwhile there.

In the meantime, I’ll keep looking and let you know if I find something more suitable.

Thanks,

1 Like

Thanks alot
but I am wondering if after uploading the image we can use in cospaces as it is as 360 image

I also tried this today from images I took with my 360 camera already stitched. It is saved as a jpg. When I upload to CoSpaces, it shows it flattened. The home page says that you can upload your own 360 images for environments. It would be disappointing if they are lying.

They are not lying. I’ve uploaded my own 360 photos. Taken with a Richo Theta. Don’t think it was a .jpg file type though. That might be your problem. Can your camera export in other file types?

1 Like

Does the file have to be .svg and/or .bmp for it to upload without being flattened?