Black screen of death

Hello

I’m using CoSpaces with students, and some of them are experiencing the black screen phenomenon when they enter a classroom. I have read many forum posts about the black screen, but every one of them is solved via PM and no actual solution is ever offered in public. Can you please share what to do to fix this error?

The specific users who experience it for me are using MacBooks. I have other students who use other Windows-based brands, and they are working fine.

I’ve registered a new user, because we use a login system that I can’t use on this forum.

Sincerely
Jakob

2 Likes

Hi @MrBinderup I’m sorry you’re having some trouble! Is this happening only with specific CoSpaces or with any CoSpaces your students access? Which browser (and which version of the browser) are they using?

The cases that were previously solved via private message were done so because in the past this issue was related to specific CoSpaces that our dev team was able to find a fix for - but it wasn’t a wider problem.

1 Like

Hello @StephanieMatti

It was happening on different CoSpaces provided by different teachers, however I think some of the students overlapped. They were primarily using Safari on MacBook Pro, to the best of my knowledge. I don’t know, as it was before the Holidays and I didn’t log this, which version of the browser they were using.

1 Like

I have had the same issue and have asked the students to try multiple browsers. One student on a mac tried safari, chrome, and firefox. I am watching for an answer.

2 Likes

Hi @MrBinderup @Crisianee

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We’ve fixed this issue now - you should no longer experience the black screens.

We apologize for the inconvenience and disruption this caused you and your students!

Everything should be fine now but please let us know if anything isn’t working as it should.

Thanks!

1 Like