Class setup - students to be able to create new projects

hi there,
how do i setup the class such that my students can create their own new projects?

1 Like

Hi @el2020,

Students don’t have the ability to create new Assignments in the Class - only teachers can do this.

Students can create new CoSpaces in their Free Play area. As a teacher, you can Move a CoSpace to an Assignment from their Free Play.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Geoff @ TechLeap

dear sir

thks! my students dont seem to have a free play area. any idea? as shown below:

Hi @el2020,

Is this a full screen shot? Is it from a tablet or desktop/laptop?

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

this is desktop free screen. where’s the student free play area?

Yes, it’s deceptive isn’t it. For teachers, it’s called CoSpaces, for students, it’s called Free Play.

@Coralie, this has irked me for some time - what was the reasoning behind having different naming for teachers? I think it’s confusing, as evidenced in this post.

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

@techleapnz Thanks for this feedback, Geoff! We’ll think about it.

how i get my student to access the free play area ? as shared above the screenshot - it’s not avail for my student.

Hi @el2020,

The screenshot above appears to be from your desktop. As I mentioned above, “Free Play” is called “CoSpaces” for teachers. Has the student created a CoSpace in “Free Play”? Can they see it on their computer/account?

Geoff @ TechLeap

cool
thussssssssssssssssss

student can’t see free play option. what must i do?

Can you send a screenshot of what the students see?

Geoff @ TechLeap

as shown. there’s no free play - from student perspective / view…what should we do?

Is this screenshot from your computer, or your student’s computer?

If this is a screenshot from your student’s computer, then your student has accidentally set themself up as a teacher and needs to switch to a a student account.

They can do this by clicking the Pro icon in the top right corner, and going to account settings to convert to a student account.

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like