Controllers not work in Meta Quest Pro

Hi,
we tried Cospaces in Meta Quest Pro and found out that doesn’t work controller - click action and move by joystick. You can only show by laser on 3D models.

thanks

3 Likes

Same here, unfortunately @CoSpaces_Edu

2 Likes

We tested Cospaces on Quest1 and Quest2 with no problems. Quest 3 controllers don’t work. There is something about the new headsets that don’t allow them to work.

2 Likes

Hi everyone! Currently we don’t officially support Meta Quest headsets - you can read more about it here and get up to date info on which headsets are and aren’t compatible.

1 Like

Thanks for your response @CoSpaces_Edu! In the link you have commented, I can´t found any Roadmap with Meta Quest 3, have you got any very approximate data for this? Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

Hi @Unai currently Meta Quest 3 is not compatible as none of the Quest headsets are officially supported - if that changes we’ll definitely announce it!

1 Like

Hi @CoSpaces_Edu, I’m a high school Design teacher, and I’m thrilled with CoSpaces Edu. With the increasing adoption of the new Quest 3 in schools, I urge the CoSpaces Edu team to prioritize support for this device that works seamlessly on the Quest 2. The enhanced capabilities of Quest 3 would greatly enhance the immersive experiences created by our students.
Thanks!

3 Likes

Hi , @CoSpaces_Edu I urgue too support Quest 3 controller in Cospaces Edu, we started offer Quest 3 to schools

thanks

4 Likes

What about Pico Neo 3, they are supported and I can also download the App from the Pico Store but the controller do no work. I can move by walking but not using the controller. Any help ? Thank you.

2 Likes

Hi , @CoSpaces_Edu Can you shed some light on why the Quest 2 controllers work with the Meta browser but not the Quest 3? Was it something Meta did and is beyond your control? Should I abandon all hope that our new Quest 3s will ever work with your platform ? Is it an API problem because the controllers work with other webxr platforms such as Framevr.io
So please let us poor folks know something so we can potentially look for an alternative for use in our classrooms. Thanks :pray:

4 Likes

I would like to join the list of those who would like to use Quest 3 (+Pro) with CoSpaces after Quest 1 and 2. All our partners in the education sector will sooner or later opt for Quest 3 rather than other headsets. In this respect, support for the controllers and the option of using 6DOF in CoSpaces would be highly desirable.

Thank you very much for this great piece of software that you have “gifted” us with CoSpaces. It would be so great if it could evolve with the headsets.

3 Likes

Hi all,

@Rebecca_WHELAN @Sozpaed

We’re planning to provide support for the Meta Quest 3 and hope to be able to offer it soon.

Our app is ready but unfortunately, it’s under review since many months now and it’s impossible to expedite things on the Quest store. Like you, we’re waiting and we hope to announce support for the Meta Quest 3 very soon!

Thanks for your patience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @CoSpaces_Edu,

This is indeed very good and reliable news that we can work with very well. For us, this confirms that it is not a question of IF the Quest 3 will be supported, but from WHEN. Thank you for the transparent information. Fingers crossed for the shortest possible remaining review period until the app is released.

Thank you for your commitment

2 Likes

Hi @CoSpaces_Edu ,
why are you waiting to review app in Quest Store ? Cospaces run in Quest in browser, or you will have native app in Quest 3 ?

Will this update support also controllers in Quest Pro.

thanks

Mira Samek

1 Like

Hi @Miroslav_Samek

This is correct, we’re waiting for our native app to be accepted and it will also support controllers.

1 Like

Good news indeed!
I just checked the Quest app and the CoSpaces app is listed in the App Lab. Everything works great on the Quest 3 at first glance. Thanks @CoSpaces_Edu and maybe you should adjust the tech check on the website if you are happy with the released version.

2 Likes

Hi @Sozpaed

You were fast in noticing that our app indeed just got approved! :star_struck:

Thanks for your follow-up :blush:

3 Likes

Please,

Can you provide name or link for searching your app un meta app labs? Cant lista it from app lab. Is there any country restriction for searching It?

We do really need to use meta quest 3 controllers with cospaces

2 Likes
5 Likes

Thank you soooooo much, from my students and me!!! :smiley: It works just fine on the Quest 3​:goggles: so far. I can’t wait to show my students :star_struck: I recommend using the login code option so you can be logged into your PC/Laptop simultaneously.
Thanks @CoSpaces_Edu

3 Likes