Copying objects to other scenes in other Spaces does not work

Kopieren von Objekten in andere Szenen in anderen Spaces funktioniert nicht

Gemeinsam mit Kollegen haben wir mehrere Szenen in verschiedenen Spaces erzeugt. Jetzt möchte diese Szenen aus den verschiedenen Spaces in einen geemeinsamen Space kopieren.

In eurem Tutorial wurde mitgeteilt, dass es funktioniert in einem Bwowser die Objekte und den Blog-Code von Szenen jeweils mit Copy & Paste aus einer Szene in einem Space in eine andere neuen leeren Szene in einem anderen Space zu kopieren. Aber eben genau das funktioniert nicht:

1. gesperrte Elemente werden überhaupt nicht mit kopiert

2. Upgeloadete 3D- und andere Objekte werden ebenfalls nicht mit kopiert und nur als blaue Punkte angezeigt.

3. der Blog-Code verliert seine Zuordungen zu den Objekten

Quintessenz: das Kopieren von Szenen in andere Spaces funktioniert überhaupt nicht.

Ich bitte dringend um Hilfe, Unterstützung und eine Lösungen, da wir ansonste die gesamte Arbeit mit der Erstellung der verschiedenen Szenen umsonst gemacht haben.

Wir brauchen dringend eine Möglichkeit ganze Szenen von einem Space in einen anderen zu kopieren oder meinetwegen die Möglichkeit zwei Spaces zu funsionieren und wir löschen dann die überzähligen Spaces wieder raus.

Grüße in Erwartung eine baldigen Lösung

Michael.Wingenfeld@konFigurRATIO.de

Copying objects to other scenes in other Spaces does not work

Together with colleagues we created several scenes in different spaces. Now we want to copy these scenes from the different Spaces into a shared Space.

In your tutorial you were told that it works in a bwowser to copy and paste the objects and blog code of scenes from one scene in one space to another new empty scene in another space. But exactly this does not work:

1. locked elements are not copied at all

2. uploaded 3D- and other objects are not copied either and are only displayed as blue points.

3. the blog code loses its assignments to the objects

Quintessence: copying scenes into other Spaces does not work at all.

I urgently ask for help, support and a solution, since we otherwise did all the work of creating the different scenes for free.

We urgently need a way to copy whole scenes from one space to another or, if you like, the possibility to have two spaces work together and then we delete the remaining spaces.

Greetings in expectation of a soon solution

Michael.Wingenfeld@konFigurRATIO.de

1 Like

Maybe for 3D objects and renamed objects from the library, they are not copied because the changes (renaming) or the imports (objects) are missing in the new space. Same for coding. Technically that would make sense.
Whenever I used Ctrl+A then Ctrl+C I was able to copy everything, I think.
Have you tried importing the 3D objects to the new space before copying them there?

1 Like

Hi @petiteprof79

1. locked elements are not copied at all

Locked objects cannot be selected. To copy locked objects, you could unlock them, copy them with “ctrl+c” and lock them afterwards.

1. uploaded 3D- and other objects are not copied either and are only displayed as blue points.

All uploaded objects could be copied to other scenes or CoSpaces. Could you, please, specify which objects were not copied?

1. the blog code loses its assignments to the objects

Copying the CoBlocks code is usually used to transfer and adapt parts of code in another scene. Keeping objects may lead to unexpected behaviour so you should assign new objects to your code after copying.

1 Like

Thanks for info - I will try it next days - Michael

I just had the same problem.
The objects were neither linked nor imported,
except for some sound files.

I had to recreate the whole scene from scratch in the other space,
which took a lot of time and was quite annoying.

Maybe Cospaces can have a look into this problem?