Cospaces AR - audio won't play while recording

Hi - I’m using the AR feature of the cospaces a LOT! It is terrific. However, when I try to record the AR video on the iPad, it records the video but not the audio connected with it. When I just play the scene using the AR mode, there is no problem. Is there something I’m not doing? The scene has a starfish and a whale. When you click on the starfish, an audio plays and then the whale appears. I’m building a listening activity for some of my very young students, and eventually want my older students to make these activities in cospaces for the younger students.

4 Likes

I have the same question. I have students who are recording voice overs and when they scan the merge cube the audio doesn’t play.

1 Like

I have uploaded mp3’s. I have them coded in. Works fine. However, when I want to create a video when I’m using the Merge Cube, there is no audio…ever on playback. It works when I’m just using it, but when the video is downloaded there isn’t any audio. I’ve tried everything on my phone, but doesn’t seem to be the issue. Help?

1 Like

Hi @WPenner,

Videos made with the CoSpaces Edu recording feature do not save sound right now. But it’s something we’re thinking of supporting in the future :slight_smile:

What kind of audio would you want to record? The sounds that come from the app, or the sounds picked up by your phone?

4 Likes

Yes! I would love to be able to have students explain their merge Cube when we record it and utilize the microphone on the iPad. My students have been writing stories to go with their Cube.

3 Likes

I think both options would be useful: recording the sounds that were coded in the scene in order to have the full experience and recording voice over to narrate or explain choices, etc.

1 Like

Are there any plans to make the sound available on the ipad? Students have been recording files in their merge cube projects and we want them to use the merge cubes to share their projects but the sound doesn’t work on the ipads- this is pretty frustrating because they are able to record and code on the ipads but then not hear their recordings

1 Like

I need to be able to hear sound when recording so when I download a file I can post it for my students to see with the sounds suck as music included. How do I do this? My recorded videos have no audio, this is very important.

1 Like

I agree. Adding the capability to hear sound from the recording would be great! Both sound from the app and from the phone microphone to all for adding more details or explaination. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi everyone, I solved this iPad problem by recording the screen when I play CoSpace. This feature is possible without any external app and you get audio too. Obviously this feature would be great for posting our creation, there’s good news @Stefan: wink :?

1 Like

I would love to see the audio feature in the mobile recording. I have first graders who would love to explain their CoSpace and walk parents through the process. I like the idea of screen recording in play mode! Is there any way to download the audio the students recorded inside the app?

1 Like

Hi!
Would it be possible to record the students’ voices at the same time they’re recording their videos using the app? We are using the screen recording app on our devices, but it would be amazing to be able to record both their voice and the video using the CoSpaces app. This would be amazing for storytelling, explaining their creations, etc.
Thanks in advance,
Elena

2 Likes

It’s done! Thank you so much, we are using it now in a Christmas breakout and it’s :top::top::top:!!
Thanks!!

1 Like

I’m surprised this still hasn’t been included in CoSpace’s recorder. We encourage students to upload background audio, and record their own dialogue for the characters in their scenes, but CoSpace’s recorder simply doesn’t capture audio. Which is weird, because our current workaround is to use the Android phone screen recorder, which captures the audio output perfectly fine. But having to know all the different UI locations for screen recordings on all our students phones is an annoying workaround, especially since we want to show off our student’s work in AR and there’s plenty of different kinds of phones and tablets out there that have their own way of screen recording.

This on top of the fact that CoSpaces doesn’t give you a way to adjust the volume of audio files either in the asset or through CoBlocks makes it feel like audio was simply an afterthought for the environment, instead of the critical component of XR that it actually is.

1 Like