CoSpaces & Class VR

I have had students use CoSpaces and experience their scenes in ClassVR. This year anytime I try to access CoSpaces material on the headsets I get stuck in the lobby and am unable to load the scenes or enter codes. I have uninstalled and installed the app. Updated the App and nothing seems to be working. All other non-CoSpaces content works just fine on my headsets.

Is anyone else experiencing similar issues? Anyone have a fix? So far I have contacted tech support and worked with my district IT team with no progress.

3 Likes

I had the same experience trying from the Occulus browser yesterday. Logged in and authenticated without issue, but when I went to enter classes or CoSpaces, I was in essence locked in the lobby in CoSpaces purgatory.

4 Likes

Thanks for this! That is my same experience. I have a virtual Tech meeting with my headset company ClassVR Monday to see if they can figure out a fix.

So it might be a CoSpace software issue then…

2 Likes

@Coralie can you provide any insight into the Class VR and Oculus CoSpaces issues?

1 Like

Sure! Anytime I open a CoSpace using a QR code, push it out to the headsets or the app on the Class VR headset I am taken into the Lobby. Where the Gallery is displayed is blank and I am unable to use the login as well.

In essence your locked in the lobby without being able to do anything or view a cospace on the headset.

2 Likes

I’m planning on purchasing the ClassVR headsets in order to use them with CoSpaces, so this isn’t great news that so many folks are having issues. I hope it gets resolved soon!

2 Likes

Hi all, I have no problem to open with QR-Code any kind of CoSpaces scene (both standard and Merge Cube) with my ClassVR headset. May be a wifi connection problem?
Giuseppe

2 Likes

No I am able to load and deliver all other content with the ClassVR headsets. I have worked with ClassVR and ran diagnostics with no issues. I have also rewhitelisted all the necessary websites.

I also had no issues running CoSpaces in the past.
I’m guessing it is an issue with the CoSpace updated app. Are you running the most updated version?

2 Likes

Yes, before starting, the headset installed the latest update of CoSpaces app.

1 Like

That’s good to know because CoSpaces and ClassVR tech teams can’t figure this out. This has been an issue on the Forums with posts going back to August. I’m hoping they find a solution quick it’s ruining my Computer Science unit this year.

3 Likes

Update for everyone. I do not know if this is a permanent fix but factory resetting the device and reconnecting it to the network, then pushing out the CoSpace app has worked.

It is time consuming as the headsets processors are slow. I was able to knock out 22 in 7 hours while trying to teach.

3 Likes

This is not a solution. After using the headsets for approximately 3 days a third of them have went back to the issue. I contacted ClassVR and am waiting for a response from CoSpaces.

Factory resetting takes a full day for a class set of headsets and is not a realistic solution, if its only temporary. :rage:

Anyone else find a fix?

2 Likes

Are you still having issues?

2 Likes

I have open tickets with CoSpaces and ClassVR but have not had the time to problem solve. I am just using the headsets that work right now and hoping they do not have the same issue. Planning to address this when I have time later in the year.

2 Likes

Please keep me updated. I will try mine as well in the near future.

2 Likes

Will do. Please do the same.

2 Likes

@aim_mr_brillopad Has your situation improved with the Occulus?

2 Likes

Has anyone figured out the issue with CoSpaces and ClassVR. I can load my students’ CoSpaces, but the objects will not load and there are red boxes with X’s in them. This has been an issue for several weeks now.

1 Like

The only luck I have had was to restore them to factory default settings. This is a time consuming process if you have a lot of headsets. Even after restoring them eventually a few have them probably auto updated and they are having the same issues.

I have had open tickets with ClassVR and Cospaces. They were supposed to be resolving the issues between the two platforms. I am not in this unit anymore so I have pushed off the problem until I have more time.