Create Free account for student after removal from license plan

I found in the FAQ that when I remove a student from our license plan they can only view their spaces in Free Play, but not edit them anymore.

Is there a way that they can activate a free account for themselves so that they can continue to work on their spaces?

Thanks!

Hi @TechLab_BiblioPlus,

They need to be in a class, whether it’s a Free or PRO account; so they could ask another teacher or parent to set up a Teacher account and create a class for them to join.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this. If this answers your query, please mark this post as the Solution.

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Ok, that’s clear. Thanks for the reply.

If the student would create or already have his own account, can the space be moed? I found a forum post indicating that this was discussed in february. Is it included?

Students can copy their assignments to Free Play by clicking on the 3-dot menu of their assignment (bottom right corner in Gallery view) and selecting “Copy to Free Play”.

This way, if a class is deleted, they won’t lose their assignments.

Geoff

Now I’m confused :slightly_smiling_face:

So when they are removed from a class they can actually still edit their CoSpaces in Free Play. Even without being in a class created by a parent. (just tried it and that is in fact possible).

So the FAQ is not correct then, as it says they can only view their CoSpaces. That is also what I thought I saw when I posted my original question; I was not able to edit the CoSpace in Free Play, only view it in Play mode. But maybe I did something wrong.