Detail explanation of CoBlocks Overview

I love this program, CoSpaces, a lot.
It is easy and funny and friendly. But when I deal with advanced blocks, some times I get very confused because of lack of explanation about how to use those coblocks.
Is there any guide book explaining the meaning of coblocks and showing the usage of them?

1 Like

Hi @HowToCoding,

you could start from the following documents:

Also, please take a look at the following video tutorials:

I hope that helps.

1 Like

I already have checked all the documentation and video tutorial. But it deals with only beginner level.
I am asking whether there is any other documentation available for advanced level.
To understand coblocks very deeply and use them delicately, I feel some more explanation of coblocks is needed. That is just my wish !
Thanks,

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback. We will discuss it and think of the best way to give more explanation of CoBlocks

1 Like

Which are the 3 CoBlocks which you would most like to understand?

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

I am very happy to have this chance.

1. What is the CoBlock to set an object to a certain rotation position?
  • if I get an information from the transform rotation menu, x: -24 degrees, y: 38 degrees, z: 20 degrees, which block do I use to set this value to go back to the same position?
  1. When and how do I need to use [ Set physics speed to ~ ], [ local( or world) velocity of ~ ] and [ set physics blocks duration to ~ sec ]?
  2. what are these CoBlocks for?
  • [item ~], [group item ~], [get item " ~"], [ name of ~ ], [ set name of ~ to " ~"], [ set CoSpace property “key” to “value” ], [ set(add) local(world) velocity of ~ to x / y / z]

Sorry for too many questions!
If you let me know any tutorial or documentation, I will really appreciate it.

Regards,

WonSeok

2020년 7월 6일 (월) 오후 7:22, Geoff Bentley via CoSpaces Edu Forum <noreply@forum.edu.cospaces.io>님이 작성:

1 Like
  1. The rotation you see in the transform rotation menu (degrees) does not match the rotation available in the set direction of Item CoBlock in Transform > Rotation (euler angles), so it’s best to save the direction of the original object in a variable (using the Direction of Item CoBlock in Transform > Rotation), then use that to set the value back to the original direction.

2. Physics speed is useful for making things move in slow motion or accelerate. The other blocks I haven’t played with enough to comment on, but this is how I find out what they do - by playing around with them!

3. The oblong CoBlocks always return values, whether it’s text, numbers, or even objects, and this is what these blocks do - they get Items or Item properties for you. CoSpace properties are global variables, available to all scripts and scenes.

Hope that helps - do experiment with CoBlocks you are interested in and see if you can work out what they do through trial and error!

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

Many thanks for your feedback. I agree that we can learn much more through trial and error. And surely this is the best way to learn something.
But still I am feeling something missing and not enough. It’s like the situation that I buy a high-tech smart phone and the maker advise me trial-and -error not providing with full-set manual.

I like very much this program, CoSpaces, and hope many students learn and use CoSpaces for their purpose delicately not roughly because of lack of product information.

Regards,

1 Like

I understand what you mean, and I agree that the documentation, both inline and external to the app, could be better.

As an educational app geared towards the digital tech industry though, I think it’s important that there are unknowns, because in an fast ever-changing technological landscape, students need the skills to be able to work things out for themselves, because they WILL be challenged in this way in the real world.

We need explorers - adventurers who delve into unknown digital territories, and navigate their way through.

As an educator and life-long learner, I see this as an important feature of CoSpaces Edu.

Geoff @ TechLeap

2 Likes

Hi @HowToCoding and @techleapnz

Please feel free to post any details on the type or resources, documentation and product information you’d find helpful and would like to see in the future.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like