Flickering Screen in Edit Mode

We are having an issue with 2-3 students are who having a flickering black screen in edit mode. It moslty occurs when they are trying to move in the edit mode. The are using Chromebooks and are on a Chrome browser. We’ve doubled checked for Chrome updates and CoSpaces updates and they are both up to date. They also tried to connect and reconnect to the WIFI and we haven’t had any improvement. Any thoughts?

5 Likes

Hmm, I sometimes use chromebooks too but that bug never happened to me. Maybe the @CoSpaces_Edu Team should look into this

5 Likes

Yes, I never had this issue in the past, but it’s happening to more and more students in the Chrome Browser.

3 Likes

We have several customers reporting this issue over the past 2 days. I’m currently waiting on several customers to confirm their browser version and will continue to update the list below.

chromebooks:

• Google Chrome: 120.0.6099.203 (32 bit) ChromeBook: HP 11MK G8 EE and HP 11MK G9 EE
  • Google Chrome: 120.0.6099.203 (64-bit) ChromeBook: Lenovo 100e Chromebook Gen 4
  • Google Chrome: 121.0.6167.140 (64-bit) ChromeBook: Latitude 7490

Here is a video of the flickering in Cospaces application:

Here is a 2nd video from another school:

3 Likes

All of our student devices can be updated to the latest Chromebook browser, we have done some updating to the most recent browser version that Chrome allows and we can have all students do that if needed to find a solution. We have tried that updating with a few students, but it has not fixed the problem.

1 Like

120.0.6099.235 (32bit) at our school

1 Like

Some of our Customers have reverted the Chrome 120 update, back to an older version of Chrome and the flickering stopped. I would recommend trying this until the issue is resolved.

3 Likes

Hi @Jennifer_Scales,

Glad to hear that worked for those people, but most Chromebooks especially under the education districts have a downgrade restriction, and any downgrade methods have been patched as of the v.203 update. Downgrading won’t be an option for most managed Chromebooks, as downgrading can remove blockers and filterers from the school. The only way to solve this problem is to patch the issue itself to be resolved. Would like to hear from the @CoSpaces_Edu team on any update on this issue.

Thanks!

3 Likes

It’s the same trouble with our new Chromebook Lenovo!
There isn’t flickering screen with the old Chromebook :slightly_frowning_face:

How can I resolve it? It’s very terrible!!

1 Like

I am currently using Chrome Version 120.0.6099.272 (Official Build) (32-bit)
as well as other students and we are still experiencing the flickering problems.

1 Like

Additional new information: One of our customers confirmed that youtube videos show no issues on Chrome 120. The only issue they could consistently reproduce was when you mouse over the Cospaces video, the flickering occurs.

1 Like

I don’t use Cospaces, but we have newer Lenovo 100e Gen4 Chromebooks that began to experience flickering in the background with various animations on educational sites (Lexia, ProdigyKids, AdobeExpress). Our results are similar to the videos above. Hovering around the omnibar seems to increase the intensity of the flickering. We have older HPs and Dells that do not experience the flickering. This flickering seemed to start with ChromeOS 120. Changes in hardware acceleration and such do not improve performance. Just sharing for what it’s worth. It doesn’t seem to be application or website specific, but rather OS specific with certain devices.

2 Likes

Hello, support just go back to me on the flickering screen issue and said we just need to wait for the next OS update as they can’t solve the issue. Very disappointing.

1 Like

@Mark_McNeil I am assuming that this was from CoSpaces tech support.

2 Likes

I downloaded the BETA OS, 121.0.6167.155 this morning and the flickering I experienced was resolved. Granted, I’m not using COSpaces, but other sites that had flickering are resolved now. Just FYI.

2 Likes