Loading/Lagging when moving head using VR headsets

Hello,

I am using VR Oculus quest 2 headsets with my students.
We realized that some of the scenes they created don’t render really well when using the headsets, mostly when you move your head to look around. It gives you that loading/lagging impression that the graphics are too heavy. When you move your head on the sides to look around, you can see the black frame that surrounds the field of view and it takes a little time to load the surroundings every time you move, sometimes stretching the colours of the elements.
Can that be avoided in any way? Is it due to excessive use of elements or effects? I doesn’t seem to be that student have use anything excessively… Is there a way to minimize the quality of the graphics so headsets can load it more easily and provide a smoother experience? Is there a way to check the size of a project or its elements so I can compare their size and try to reduce the content to a level that would not trigger these glitches?

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Hi @MH_HJIS,

Yes, the complexity of the space (number of objects/polygons/movements) will have an impact on how it displays in any browser (but especially VR).

CoSpaces Edu is web-based, so you can use built-in web tools to find out the download size of your CoSpaces. In Chrome, on PC, press F12 to open the Inspector, go to Network, then reload the page to find out the total load size.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further queries regarding this. If this solves your problem, please mark this post as the Solution.

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap