Physics - ball rolling forever

We are working with the “Physics” commands. When I move a ball forward, so that it falls from a table, it falls, bounces and keeps on rolling forever. I expect the ball to stop roll after a while. I have set the bouncines and friction of the ball.
How do I setup my physics world, that the ball stops rolling after a while, like in real world?

1 Like

Hi @martingotec,

The heavier the object, and the greater the friction, the faster the ball should slow down.

Feel free to share a remixable version of your CoSpace if you want further support.

Geoff @ TechLeap

Dear Geoff, thanks for your answer. Still it does not stop to roll.
Can you check it here?

Because there’s no ground as such, there’s minimal friction - one option could be to reduce the bounciness, and another is to add an artificial floor with it’s own friction:

But otherwise, that’s just how it is - imperfect - and it’s a matter of finding work arounds or suggesting improvements to the developers.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions about this. If this post solves your problem, please mark it as the Solution.

Many thanks,
Geoff @ TechLeap

Dear Geoff - Thanks a lot for your help and inputs! I can now explain to my students the cause of this phenomenon. All the best and greetings, Martin

1 Like