Request - Beginner's "cheat sheet"

Hi @CoSpaces_Edu,

I have played around and worked with CoSpace for 3 years now, and during my time here I’ve noticed some crucial info for scripting/building that the average beginner will have trouble finding out. Here are some questions I’ve had while I was creating;

-Exactly how tall is the “Camera” in height whilst in normal walk mode? These measurements would be helpful for building enclosed spaces such as houses inside of CoSpaces.

-How does the CoSpace run order work? (let’s say there are two separate script tabs, then hypothetically speaking, the two tabs run at the same time. However, in scratch, there are “script” priorities where no script is run at the same time, just in order fast to make it look like it ran at the same time.

-How high and with what velocity does the Camera jump in walk mode? This would be useful for coders creating a jump function for platformer games.

These are just a few examples, I think there should be a specific document that lists the questions to these answers that are available to everyone. If there already is one, please let me know!

Thanks!

5 Likes

Hi @Bladebob20000 thanks for your feedback! We always love to hear from our community, your suggestions have been passed on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @Bladebob20000 - Thanks for your feedback! We’ve got answers to some of your questions and will be sure to make some of this information available with our audience online :slight_smile:

Exactly how tall is the “Camera” in height

1.7 meters, so relatively the same height as our Regular man / Regular woman library characters.

How does the CoSpace run order work?

Scripts from multiple tabs are now executed in the same order they are displayed in the code editor, but generally that’s not something CoSpacers should rely upon as CoSpaces doesn’t work by the concept of script priority.

How high and with what velocity does the Camera jump in walk mode?

This is a tricky one because the values may be changed later and can possibly be modified by script, so this shouldn’t be taken as a permanent answer. But the initial jumping velocity is 6 m/s, gravity is 10 m/s^2, and they’re additionally multiplied by 1.5 to make jumping a bit faster :slightly_smiling_face:

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Remember that you can always look at the Z value of the Camera in the Object Inspector, under Transform, if you’re ever in doubt!

1 Like