Screen Recording doesn't save video on device

Hello!

I’m trying to record a video using screen recording, but when I press stop recording nothing happened, the video is not saved on the device.

Hw can I resolve it?

Thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi @sk1kko,

what device are you using for video recording?

1 Like

I @Nikolay,

I’m using samsung s9, same problem with another android device.

1 Like

Hello,

The video under Android should be saved in the path /Internal storage/->/Movies/ which can be navigated via File Manager. Please check on your device if the video file exists.

I’ve also created an usability issue for development regarding UI for video file saving after the recording.

Regards

1 Like

Hi Tatiana,

thank for your support!

Yes the videos are stored in storage/->/Movies/ , but strangely I can’t see them in the gallery.

However, is ok! But the videos are mute, no audio is recorded. Do you know how can I solve this?

Thank you

1 Like

Hi @sk1kko,

At the moment we support the video recording of screen without audio.

To make more usefull managing of video files the buttons “Play video” & “Share video” were implemented for Android devices, this update will be availbale with next release:

Also we will investigate the usability of path folder for Cospaces video files, thank you for the feedback!

1 Like

Many screen recorders support recording with system sound and mic now. For android and iOS, try AZ screen recorder and Dr.fone iOS Screen Recorder; for PC and Mac, try OBS, Joyoshare Screen Recorder and Camtasia.

2 Likes

Restart the phone to check again? Many Android phones are not ideal for screen capture because they are unfriendly with system audio, specifically unable to record sound coming from smartphone due to Android system restriction. Why not initiate the same recording on computer? There are many free screen recorders you can use to grab video without watermark, like OBS, Game bar, and Loom…

1 Like

Hi Sunshying,

Good tips for recording CoSpaces on a computer. Recording on phone/tablet is required when using AR mode or the Merge Cube though.

Geoff @ TechLeap

1 Like

You can try some regular ways like restarting and forcibly restarting your device. If no use, I guess you can use an ios repair tool to fix the issue with no data loss.

1 Like

Tried to make the record from the student’s tablet several times, then we just switched to a computer and a different recorder (this one) according to Sunshying tips - this way it was much easier to process and then upload on YT.

1 Like

my phone is a realme 5, i can’t find the files that i sreen recorded. i screen recorded last night but then i fell asleep and the files isn’t in my gallery this morning, where is it?

1 Like

You’ll have the recordings saved in storage>movies. However, the recording won’t have audio though, I dk why it happens but it does.

1 Like

Hi there,

I can’t find my recordings either. I use an iPhone. Anyone has any clue as to where the screen recordings are located on an iPhone? Or iPadPro? There is no Storage folder in my iPhone 11.
Thanks!

1 Like

screen recordings are stored in the photo album of an iphone/ ipad

1 Like

unfortunately, no, they are not in Photos gallery.

1 Like

Before you start the screen recording, long press the screen recording button, confirm where the video will be stored. In my phone, I chose the photo album, that’s why I can find the videos in the photo album.

Hope it helps.

1 Like

Okay, I will take note the next time to select the folder first. Thank you!

1 Like

Yes, you are right. The videos are stored in storage > Movies. For me, there’s no issue. Have you tried restarting your phone? To make it more useful managing of video files the buttons “Play video” & “Share video” was implemented for various Android devices. Go to storage > movies to see the saved recordings. Also, screen recordings are stored in the photo album on iOS devices.

1 Like

I tried many solutions online , but finally solved it by checking the camera preserve settings on iPhone.

1 Like