Size of objects

Dear Cospaces Team,
I’m Maria Rita and I’m teacher of Italian and Latin Languages. I use Cospaces mainly to create scenes for storytelling but now my collegues of Math asked me to explain how they can use Cospaces to create figures of solid geometry.
I tried and thi is the result

but I can’t understand well how the “size” bottom works (what are X, Y, Z ?) Can you help me?
Thank you very much

Hi @maria_rita_manzoni,

the size-properties describe the shape of an object in 3D. X, Y and Z are axis used to place an object on a point in space.

Show axis example

The X and Y axis define the position on the ground, as seen in the picture below. They’re coloured red and green.

Here is a cube that tells us its position on the X and Y axis while it is moved around.
Pos

The third axis, Z, describes the height of the item in space. It’s coloured blue.
Pos3

You can play with this example scene to get a better understanding of the three axis.

The building blocks in CoSpaces use same concept of axes as shown in the example. The X, Y, and Z represent the cube’s own axis in space. When you change the X, Y and Z values you adjust the width, length and height of the cuboid respectively.

I hope this made the use of axes in 3D more clear to you! Let me know if there’s anything left unclear.

Thankyou very much Stefan. Everything is ok now!