Tutorials to use Cospaces with HTC vive in Firefox?

Hello, everyone. I have tried Cospaces Edu with Samsung headset. We built a maze with a Samgsung Galaxy phone and explored the maze with buttons on the headset. Amazing!

I have a good PC and a HTC Vive. I wonder if I can explore the maze with HTC controller in webVR. I initiated steamVR and open cospaces project in firefox. However, I did not find anyway to do the same thing as I did in Samgsung headset.

Is there a tutorial to use Vive and webVR for cospaces?

Thank you for your help.

Jay

1 Like

Hi @yuanjiabei,

Thanks for your question!

At the moment we don’t officially support HTC Vive, which means that we don’t regularly run tests to check compatibility.

From your description I guess you have found our guide in our Tech Check on using the Vive with CoSpaces Edu. You might also want to check if you have the latest version of Firefox installed.

Compatibility issues change with every update (on our end and also on the browser’s end), so please check regularly.

Hope this helps.
Thanks!

1 Like

Thank you Viktoria!

Jay

1 Like

Hi @yuanjiabei,

once you went through the Tech Check you can start using WebVR with HTC Vive like this:

1. Start SteamVR
  2. Open CoSpaces Edu on the latest Mozilla Firefox version
  3. Enter a space you want to explore in VR
  4. Press play
  5. In the bottom-right corner, press the VR icon
  6. Enjoy!
1 Like

Is it possible to use the HTC Vive to view Cospace scenes. I followed the steps posted above without success

1 Like

Me too. Looking into WebVR

1 Like

You should be able to open up CoSpaces in Firefox Reality, and open the browser in Steam VR. I gave my Vive away (I now have a Quest), so I’m not sure if it’s still working, but I’ve had CoSpaces working in the Vive in the past.

Hope that helps!
Geoff @ TechLeap