Unable to pan on desktop

Hello!

I am currently using CoSpaces in one of my classes. I have a couple of students who are not able to pan around the space in Edit mode on desktop. They have tried hold the Spacebar + clicking and dragging but this is not working. They are using laptops with trackpads if that makes any difference. The class is remotely taught so my ability to troubleshoot with them is limited.

Is there possibly another way to pan around in edit mode on desktop? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @bm19,

That’s unfortunate. One good trick is clicking on the camera and pressing F on your keyboard to jump inside it (same key to jump out) - once in, you can walk/fly around using the WASD/arrow keys (as long as the camera movement is walk/fly).

You can do all the normal editing things while you’re in the camera. Note that when you move around, you’re actually moving the camera(!) so students may need to reposition it afterwards.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions.

Geoff @ TechLeap

Thank you! This is a clever workaround. I will let them know about it in class tomorrow, we will see how it goes.

1 Like