Urgent! IOS app crash problem

Hello, I currently have a VR project with one scene only. I have realised that the app crashes every time when I try to open my cospaces(HJG-MUC). I cannot use it via iphone, but can use it via ardroid smartphone and desktop browser. Is there a way to solve this issue? Thanks.

cospaces link

1 Like

Hi @ACS,

your scene contains a lot of heavy images. Your iphone doesn’t have enough memory to handle this.

Please, follow the instructions in the following tutorial:

It will improve load time and reduce lagging on all devices

1 Like

Hi, same situation here. I tried different IOS device (ipad, iphone 12 pro max), but still cannot open my cospaces (CBR-UXB). But it works on android or desktop browser.
any way to solve it?
We will present the cospaces by an iPad.
Many thanks

1 Like

Hi @Kelvin_Chun,

It looks like your space is using a lot of texture memory over (2.2 gigabytes). This high memory requirement can cause mobile devices to crash. Sadly, this is making the space unstable for mobile devices.

To fix this issue, you have to remove some of the complex items in your scene. In your particular case, there are many invisible “bear” items that could be removed to significantly improve the performance of your space.

I will send you a PM about other improvements related to your space shortly.

Hope that helps!

-Stefan

1 Like

I looked for this on various websites including youtube and solved it using to several troubleshooting steps you can take to resolve the issue:-
1. Force Close the App:- Sometimes, apps can get stuck in a bad state. Try force-closing the app by double-clicking the Home button (for iPhones with a Home button) or swiping up from the bottom of the screen and pausing in the middle of the screen (for iPhones without a Home button) to access the App Switcher. Then, swipe up on the app’s preview to close it. Afterward, try reopening the app to see if it works properly.
2. Restart Your iPhone:- Restarting your iPhone can often resolve various software issues. Press and hold the Power button until the slider appears, then slide to power off. Once your iPhone is off, press and hold the Power button again until the Apple logo appears to restart it.
3. Check for App Updates:- Make sure that all your apps are up to date. Open the App Store, go to the “Updates” tab, and see if there are any pending updates for the app that’s crashing. If so, update the app to the latest version.
4. Check for iOS Updates:- Ensure that your iPhone is running the latest version of iOS. Go to Settings > General > Software Update to check for and install any available updates.
5. Free Up Storage Space:- Insufficient storage space on your iPhone can sometimes cause apps to crash. Go to Settings > General > iPhone Storage to see how much storage space you have available. If it’s running low, consider deleting unused apps, photos, or videos to free up space.
6. Reset All Settings:- Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings. This will reset all settings to their default values without erasing your data. Note that you’ll need to reconfigure your preferences afterward.
Follow instruction below for further assistance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnRzbb4Y5kA&ab_channel=TheGeekPage

1 Like