Cospaces in VR - using more buttons on controller on Meta Quest

Hi Cospaces Team,
I would like to if will be possible add support more buttons on controller on Meta Quest.
It could add more opportunities how to create VR app.

We would like to create with our more advanced app for VR with our students, but it is complicate, if you have only one controler in VR. We would like to create chemical or physics experiments

It can work as in Unity app - one controller allow grag anything, buttons on controller can add more advanced functions

thank
thanks

4 Likes

@CoSpaces_Edu @CoSpaces could you please add this feature to support Meta Quest Controller buttons. It would make Projects so much better and it would also help fix How to jump in VR. Could you make a CoBlock that has this capabilities.

1 Like

Hi @Donut_Dasher @Miroslav_Samek

We’re happy to share CoSpaces now supports the Meta Quest 3 and previous Quest Pro, Quest 2 and Quest headsets. :blush:

Can you detail what this means please? Can I access CoSpaces via the browser on Quest like I could 3 years ago? Is there a special app? Can I jump using the buttons? More details on the website please - just saying it’s supported doesn’t help.

2 Likes

what does this mean could you please elaborate.

This sounds like fantastic news. I’d also love to know if this means an app again, or just improved browser support? Thanks team

Hey everyone just an update, I tried out the app lab (a development space for VR games) for cospaces, i don’t know when they released it but it doesn’t have many features compared to the web app. The app in app lab can’t edit spaces that you create, so you can’t add or delete code & move objects around, you go straight to the playing the game.

But there is still no button support so idk what cospaces is doing rn

Hi everyone!

@Donut_Dasher @Miroslav_Samek @jnxyz @techleapnz

Thanks for all your feedback, we’re currently working on elaborating on more details on our website as suggested!

We recommend using the CoSpaces app from the Meta store to ensure everything works as intended when using the Quest headsets, not the browser version.

Currently jumping isn’t supported but we’re working on making this available. It isn’t possible to create and edit CoSpaces using the Meta Quest 3 at this time, it’s mostly for immersive viewing, exploring and playing using the headset.

Let us know if you have any other questions, have a great weekend everyone! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CoSpaces_Edu - app in Quest is great, but looks like as app in Oculus Go in 2020, you shoult improve GUI and enabled edit Cospaces in VR.
I have request to add more button on Quest controller to program in Cospaces.
Add support for grab thing and support jumping in VR, Add button with letter to allow advanced control in game. It could open new oppurtinuty for creating VR app in Cospaces.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @Miroslav_Samek we’ve passed it on to our devs :slight_smile:

@CoSpaces_Edu do you know how long it will take to happen, a few months or soon? ive got a school project coming up and ive had to show the teacher my solution to jumping. It would be inneficient for the whole class to do the code i came up with and use it in their game.

Face button support would change everything

You have the answer for how long or smth else.

Hi @Donut_Dasher currently we can’t provide an exact time frame on when this will be available but this has been highly requested and we’re constantly working to add more features :slight_smile: