Import animated objects

Is it possible to import animated objects into Cospaces? For example, if I have 3D objects with animation built in, can these be imported into cospaces?

2 Likes

Hi @smartears, thanks for getting in touch. At the moment, this is not possible but we are constantly working to improve the software so I’ll be sure to pass this feedback onto our developers for consideration. Many thanks!

2 Likes

I have a similar question. I want to import an animated campfire.

There is a .fbx version, and .max versions

I purchased them for my students and now the kids can’t figure out how to upload them into their VR.

2 Likes

The campfile also is available as .rar files
I’m so confused.

1 Like

Hey,
How does the animation of this fire works? Is it a png sequence or video file as texture or maybe a particle system?

1 Like

So if an animation has a png sequence, is it possible to import these? How do the built in animations of the objects work?

1 Like

Hey,

No, there is no easy way to have a png sequence working at the moment.
The objects have bone animations, meaning that a 3d object has a skeletton that deforms the mesh. But this way it will be difficult to have something like a fire animation.
So normally it should be possible to upload a fbx by just drag and drop it into a space. But the fire of this object can probably not be imported easily into CoSpaces.

1 Like

Is there any way to import the new Google 3D animals that are being used in AR? It does not look like Google has added them publically to Google Poly. Maybe soon?

Are there any updates to CoSpaces that will allow for importing custom animation 3D models?

1 Like

Is there any way to import 3D models that are animated now? Have there been any new updates that allow this?

2 Likes

I came to ask the same! Can animated models be imported into CoSpaces yet?

1 Like

Any further news on this? With the closure of Google Poly, trying to create a library of 3D assets that are safe for schools. Being able to import pre-animated .fbx files would be handy.
eg. https://poly.pizza/m/DgOCW9ZCRJ

2 Likes

@CoSpaces_Edu is it possible to import animated 3D objects at the moment?

2 Likes

No @DaniYubero this isn’t possible. But CoSpaces never stops innovating so who knows what’s next :wink::hugs:

3 Likes

Maybe in future we’ll design our own animations! :wink: that would be great!
thanks @astrid_hulsebosch!

3 Likes

So I requested a ‘Stick man’ character instead.

Students can create various characters using the ‘Building’ block and the ‘Attach’ function.

And various existing ‘Animation’ can be applied.

Everyone please join us in this request!

2 Likes

Hi DaniYubero!
Try out Mixamo.com
I downloaded my fbx file - uploaded the zip/fbx to my CoSpace and set the animation to mixamo.com and my custom made 3D object moves with the animation I had set in Mixamo.
Enjoy!

1 Like

Hi @MrsRies_Edu, yes, I tried out Mixamo and its amazing!!!
The uses of CoSpaces with Mixamo are uncountable!
I wrote this post when the feature was not developed yet, what let us know tht @CoSpaces_Edu really pay attention to this suggestions.

Thanks anyway for your answer!

1 Like

That’s so great! There must have been another thread where I missed it :smile: congrats on Ambassador of the month!! :bouquet:

THANK YOU :people_hugging::people_hugging::people_hugging:
I took a look and the animated objects import feature was announced at July 23
https://forum.edu.cospaces.io/t/get-ready-for-our-next-update/1190/271?u=daniyubero
Sounds incredible that it has not nore than one yar and I’ve already seen so marvelous projects using it.
Maybe the next feature would be an integration with Blockadelabs @CoSpaces_Edu?
Or with a AI for create 3D objects…
Will see… :wink:
Thanks again for your words.

Ooh AI for 3D objects - try Luma Labs https://lumalabs.ai/genie?view=create :grin:

1 Like