Jumping in Cospaces using ClassVR

First of all I acknowledge this is a common topic in the forums and have read through the previous posts going back to 2018.

I saw that CoSpaces acknowledged there is not a jump feature using the ClassVR headsets and that they were looking to add one for years now.

Now to my real question: Has anyone found a way to successfully code a jump button using CoBlocks?

I have seen the python options but not a CoBlocks. I have been working with it and have not found a solution that is user friendly. :space_invader:

2 Likes

Jump buttons are possible - CoSpaces Edu :: Jump button for mobile or tablet - but not for a GamePad unless the buttons are aligned with certain keystrokes.

1 Like

@techleapnz I’ve seen the threads for jump buttons on mobile devices. Does this work on the VR headsets as well?

1 Like

Jump buttons are now available natively on mobile & tablet. You can remix the above CoSpace, remove the script which ensures the button’s only there for mobile/tablet, and test it out on your headset.

1 Like

This was very similar to what I was doing as well. The problem is the only way to use a jump is to make it on the headset selection point/aligned with the camera. This takes away other functions of the selection point. At this point I guess it is the only solution that I found even if it is imperfect.

I appreciate the help on this!

ClassVR Jump Imperfect Solution

1 Like
1 Like

@Fairview Thanks this exactly what I was looking for! :+1:

1 Like

What kind of VR headset are you using it with?

1 Like

@Fairview We are using the ClassVR headsets as well.

Have you had any issues with CoSpaces loading?

1 Like

@Fairview We haven’t used the headsets this year for this yet. I haven’t had issues with any other content. Have there been issues?

Here is the link to the other thread where their have been issues loading it. ClassVr & CoSpaces

1 Like