Oculus Quest support

Hello everybody,

my school recently bought 5 Oculus Quest headsets and I was interested in whether there is a way to experience VR worlds from CoSpacesEdu on the Oculus Quest (access through Oculus web browser does not work - maybe via virtual desktop - haven’t tried out this yet) and if not whether there are plans to support the Quest in the future?

Thank you very much for your answer in advance!

Bernhard

2 Likes

Anyone who can help me?

2 Likes

Isn’t there an app on the oculus store? I would like to know as I would like purchase an oculus quest.

3 Likes

I have the same question, help please!

2 Likes

Me too, same question here.

1 Like

Hello,

Firefox just released its browser “reality” for the quest. You can now access CoSpaces Edu and your spaces via the browser and view them in VR. Controllers will be displayed, but only 3DOF.

3 Likes

As of August 2019 I can use Cospaces with native Oculus Quest Browser and new Firefox Reality. In my case the experience with native Oculus Browser is better than with Firefox Reality (FR was even the first app to crash my Quest).
But as mentioned earlier, there is no specific Quest controller support. Maybe this will come with a Quest App from Delightex.

2 Likes

I’m thinking of buying a Quest. Should I do that or is it better to use the Oculus Go for CoSpaces?

2 Likes

I have not yet tried the Quest, but I have great experiences with the Oculus Go

2 Likes

I’ve been using Cospaces more recently, and I just had a chance to try an Oculus Quest. There wasn’t a Cospaces App in the Quest Store, but the browser was able to load a VR space. Unfortunately, the controls were frustrating to use when compared to the Go. You can more forward and back as with the Go, but there is no way to turn your orientation left and right like you can with the Go controller. I hope a native app becomes available soon, because I feel like it would be a step backward for my school to purchase Oculus Go headsets at this point.

2 Likes

Oculus has an App for cospaces edu. But you will be stuck if you didn’t create a username and password as within the app there is no oAuth options (eg: “sign in with google”)

2 Likes

I have used the app with the Oculus Go. If I use the Quest and search for the app, nothing comes up. I have been able to use the web browser to access CoSpaces, but it would be nice to have a native app.

2 Likes

This does not seem to be working anymore. When I try and access Cospaces via the native browser on Oculus Quest it redirects me to download a google play app. However, since i am on an Oculus Quest, I can’t do that. Is anyone else able to get Cospaces to work on their Oculus?

2 Likes

Oculus Quest doesn’t work because they dropped WebVR support recently without any announcement.
We have fixed that issue and CoSpaces will be working again on Oculus Quest with upcoming release!

4 Likes

https://developer.oculus.com/documentation/oculus-browser/browser-vr-xr/ - I guess it’s a good evolution, but no fun when they change it on you with no notice! Thanks team!

2 Likes

Hi Nikolay
Would you know the time frame when this release might be happening? I have a group of students who are very keen to try the quest.

2 Likes

According to the current plan, the update will happen at the end of the month

2 Likes

Hi @Mertens_William,

the update is now live

3 Likes

Thanks, its amazing. The students are delighted!

2 Likes

My Yr 10 students are currently experimenting with CoSpaces Pro and the Oculus Rift headsets. All appears fine for walk around type adventures however if an action is assigned to an object, eg skateboarder, the controllers on the headsets don’t work. Have you discovered anything that works?

2 Likes